Pulled pork leftovers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdgirlinfl

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 14, 2016
Gulf Cove, FL
So many things to do with pulled pork leftovers (when you smoke a butt and only two live in the home)
Today we made pulled pork chili.
I used pulled pork, some of the liquid, ground beef, red beans and chili beans, fire roasted tomatoes, onions, garlic, smoked paprika,a variety of peppers and plenty of seasonings.
caa84acf27352ca24f8bd7706ce0a665.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I make a dang fine chili, (of course I think so but..)

I have never tried using pork in it.

I smoked a rather large pork butt today and have a lot of leftovers.

They only had 9+ pound at the supermarket, or little baby 2 pound that looked like they would vanish under the smoke, so alas I got a big one. I  may have to make up a batch of chili and add some.

points1.png

Nice post. thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Thanks all. It was pretty darn good. We go spicy with chili powder, ancho, nm chili, jalapeño, Serrano, chipotle, cumin, smoked paprika, fire roasted tomato also used some of the meat drippings and beer for liquid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a rough recipe of what I threw together:
I browsed a few recipes from allrecipes.com as a guide and just threw it together.
I used a pound of ground beef,
a pound+ of leftover pulled pork,
about a 1/3c of the juice from the pork,
two cans of beans (I had dark red kidney (drained) and chili beans in sauce on hand)
2 ea dried New Mexico chilis and ancho chilis
A couple Tablespoons of chili powder
Couple cloves of garlic, crushed
Some chopped pieces of homemade bacon, chopped and sautéed
A Red bell pepper and green bell pepper
Half large red onion
Teaspoon ground chipotle
Tablespoon smoked paprika
Tablespoon cumin
Teaspoon cilantro, dried
One beer
Tablespoon-ish Worcestershire sauce
Three regular cans (8oz?)of diced tomato, fire roasted and chili seasoned (what I had on hand)
Small can of tomato paste,
Three diced jalapeño chilis
Two diced Serrano chilis

It is spicy [emoji]128523[/emoji] and will benefit from sour cream and corn muffins

I'll make cornbread to go with it. I use some rendered bacon fat in that.
I saw a recipe for pulled pork stuffed corn muffins and another recipe for cornbread waffles as the bread for a pulled pork sandwich. And one for pork empanadas.
All ideas for future use of leftover pulled pork.

I made this and put most in the freezer (it is only the two of us.). Now that we have been eating on this for a bit, hubs has declared this the best chili he has ever had. So glad I put a rough recipe here for future reference :-).

Here is a rough recipe of what I threw together:
I browsed a few recipes from allrecipes.com as a guide and just threw it together.
I used a pound of ground beef,
a pound+ of leftover pulled pork,
about a 1/3c of the juice from the pork,
two cans of beans (I had dark red kidney (drained) and chili beans in sauce on hand)
2 ea dried New Mexico chilis and ancho chilis
A couple Tablespoons of chili powder
Couple cloves of garlic, crushed
Some chopped pieces of homemade bacon, chopped and sautéed
A Red bell pepper and green bell pepper
Half large red onion
Teaspoon ground chipotle
Tablespoon smoked paprika
Tablespoon cumin
Teaspoon cilantro, dried
One beer
Tablespoon-ish Worcestershire sauce
Three regular cans (8oz?)of diced tomato, fire roasted and chili seasoned (what I had on hand)
Small can of tomato paste,
Three diced jalapeño chilis
Two diced Serrano chilis

It is spicy [emoji]128523[/emoji] and will benefit from sour cream and corn muffins

I'll make cornbread to go with it. I use some rendered bacon fat in that.
I saw a recipe for pulled pork stuffed corn muffins and another recipe for cornbread waffles as the bread for a pulled pork sandwich. And one for pork empanadas.
All ideas for future use of leftover pulled pork

Reactions: bdskelly
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky