Pulled pork, fried rice, and ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

05sprcrw

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Rural NE
Well I haven't posted up in here for a while figured we should get some more food threads going.

I did 40lbs of pork for a work safety meeting, so while I was at it I threw another 20lbs of pork butt in their for myself.

Injected and waiting to be rubbed down

In the smoke, the internal temp was at about 185° on its way to 205°.

And since I had sooooo much pulled pork around I figured I would mix it up a bit and make some fried rice from the pulled pork. (fantastic by the way will definitely be making again)

And then this past weekend I decided I had not had ribs in a while so I trimmed some up and rubbed them up.

6 hours later they came out ready to be eaten with some homemade coleslaw as well if it looks a little orange that is from me sprinkling in a bit of the rub from the ribs really adds a little something extra to the slaw.

Reactions: disco
drool.gif
 yummmmmm......and the fried rice looks great!!!!

Kat

Thanks everyone, and I highly recommend giving the fried rice a try.

I don't really measure nothing so I can't say how much rice or pork I put int it just amounts that I felt were right. Probably about double the amount of rice as pork.
Then it was just some fresh baby bella mushrooms sliced up, green bell pepper, some onion and egg fried up then mix in the steamed rice towards the end to get it all blended together and sprinkle some soy sauce over the whole works and serve.

Pulled pork with fried rice...what an EXCELLENT idea!!! I am DEFINITELY going to make that real soon! Thanks for sharing! I too have been out of the loop for awhile, but I'm coming back. I really miss this forum. Time to get to smokikn' again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky