Pulled Pork for my Wedding

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fried gizzards

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 2, 2016
Kelso, Washington
I'm catering my own wedding. I will cook the Pork on a BBQ trailer three days prior to the wedding, then freeze it, then thaw (add JJ's finishing sauce) and serve with BBQ sauce on the side. My question is, should I use Pork butt or save some money and buy Pork cushion? The difference in cost isn't huge per pound, but when you're cooking for 200 people every little bit helps.

Congrats to You and your Bride. Three days out you really don't need to freeze, but if you have a system you use, stick to it. Lots to worry about the last days before the Wedding. Cushion is much Leaner and for my taste drier than a Pulled Butt. I use Cushion and Picnic for that matter, for Slice Pork like my MIL made for my Wife. I have made Pulled Pork with it but only if on sale for a great price.

Reactions: fried gizzards
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky