Pulled pork for family dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bacon_crazy510

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
St Charles, MO
We're meeting up with the inlaws tonight, so I'm tasked with smoking a pork shoulder, and some ribs. I started a smaller shoulder this morning at 5:30 .... seasoned with Meat Church Honey Hog. The ribs will hit the smoker in around 20 minutes.

Here is the shoulder at the 3 hour mark... I just spritzed it with apple cider.

thumbnail.jpeg

Reactions: JC in GB
Done. Whew! I cut it kinda close!! Anyway, we're all packed up and ready to go the Uncle's house! I packed the shoulder (which is falling apart tender!) along with all of it's juice in a slow cooker. (I added apple juice, cherry juice, more Honey Hog seasoning, and a little butter to the final pan "sauce" when in was coming up to temperature) I wrapped the ribs in pink paper, wrapped the package in a few beach towels, and put them in the insulated bag.

Dinner is gonna be good!!!

thumbnail-2.jpeg
thumbnail-3.jpeg
thumbnail-4.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky