Pulled Pork for a Work Party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Question.

What do you guys do with the fat cap? Mine slid off when I grabbed the bottom hunk, so I grabbed it and shredded it in with everything else.

Looks delicious!!! Way to hang in there!

My fat cap tends to stick to the grate and the pork tends to slide right off into a tin pan, but I look at it as less I have to seperate when I pull the meat.

I tend to keep the fat separate and see what the final product looks/ tastes like.  I'll add some back in at that point. 

Good job man!
Looks-Great.gif

Looks Great, Batman!!
drool.gif

You did a Really nice job!!------------------
points.gif

Most of my fat dissolves & then gets separated from the Meat Juices in the fridge for Awesome Au Jus.

I think that's in my Step by Step too.

Bear

I did put all the juices in a tupperware overnight and skimmed the fat off the top.  It looks like the most delicious pork/apple jelly.

Nice Looking Pulled Pork    Great Job !!!     
points1.png

Gary

Now that is a full grill, looks great    nice job,   must have forgotten my invite as well ????

Gary

Turns out we have another smoking fanatic at work.  Those ribs were all his doing.  Apparently he has built a full smokehouse in his yard.  

I am happy to announce that I am not taking any of my pork home... its all gone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky