Pulled Pork for a Work Party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lookin good! Have you decided if you're going to foil?

I use a ratio of 70% hickory to 30% apple for the time it takes to be done.

Staring at the temp display on the Maverick is like staring at the wall clock! It brings time to a screeching halt!!

I think I am going to try and keep it Old School, and not wrap it.  

I am saving the drippings, and I am going to mix them back in when I re-heat tomorrow at the potluck.  

I think I am going to try and keep it Old School, and not wrap it.  

I am saving the drippings, and I am going to mix them back in when I re-heat tomorrow at the potluck.  
Nothing wrong with that !!!

As long as you don't Rant about it taking so long, like many guys do.

No foil can add hours to your smoke, but if you got the time, who cares.

Bear

Reactions: chalupabatman
As long as I dont run out of propane... I have time. 

I am at 151 IT, and I have 7 hours before I will get nervous about how late it is.  Hoping I will be good to go. 

As long as I dont run out of propane... I have time. 

I am at 151 IT, and I have 7 hours before I will get nervous about how late it is.  Hoping I will be good to go. 
You shouldd be OK:

I just looked, on my Step by Step, I bumped mine to 260° when I foiled at 165°, and it took only 2.5 hours, not counting resting time to get to 203°. Then another half hour resting took it to 208°.

Bear

Reactions: chalupabatman
I was reading your Step by Steps before I got started on this. 

My emergency plan, should I hit a stall somewhere soon... If it looks like I wont hit temp by about 7-7:30 pm, I will foil it so I can get some sleep before work tomorrow.  Otherwise, I can stay up til midnight and enjoy the cool summer night air! 

Don't be afraid to turn up the smoker if you have too! Looking good so far!

Still cooking?
goodluck.gif

Yeah, I hit my time limit and had to wrap. Stalled pretty hard around 155-160. Wrapped it at 167 about 45 minutes ago, and we are at 174 IT now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky