Pulled Pork Chilli ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lunchmeat

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
Ringgold, GA
I was wondering if this combo is any good , or if someone has a recipe they would like to share for

Pulled Pork Chilli . it seems like it should be a thing

I was wondering if this combo is any good , or if someone has a recipe they would like to share for

Pulled Pork Chilli . it seems like it should be a thing
In the Southwest of New Mexico and Colorado they generally do a Green Chili with Pork meat.  I believe it would be a better fit than traditional style chili with pulled pork meat.

A cousin of the Pork Green Chili would be the Green Chile Pork Posole dish, where the word "Chile" in this context is Spanish for "pepper".  The type of pepper would generally be an Anaheim, Hatch, Poblano, or similar pepper to those and would be used as the main pepper in the dish.  Tomatillo vegetables are heavily used as well.  Great stuff. 

I have a recipe for Green Chile Pork Posole if you would like it. 

A Pork Green Chli or Green Chili Colorado recipe would be similar but you would need to google one and compare.  

Either way I believe cannot go wrong with using the pulled pork for one of those two dishes.  I hope this gives you some ideas :)

I dont have a recipe but have used pulled pork and once even used some pulled leftover chicken   both were very good  

Good question, last time I did a pork butt part of it didn't wouldn't "pull", it wasn't done well enough, but it was done well enough to eat, just not shred.

Traeger has a recipe for pulled pork stew that I was going to do next time, as I love green chile pork, and would be a good use of the pork that isn't eaten the first go around. It calls for a can of salsa verde which is just tomatillos and green chiles as mentioned above.

I would love to see other people's recipes and ideas in a similar vein, the Traeger one looks like about what I want to do, with beans and some red tomatoes as well.

i would love to see this recipe , I had pork tomatillo w/ chile verde in san diego  in old town and almost died it was so good. thanks

Pulled pork chili is well worth doing! As Tall BM said, green chilis will really put it over the top, but even a standard chili recipe will work.

There are a LOT of things to do with left over PP.

Do a dry rub with chile powder, cumin, Mexican oregano, and salt and pepper. I would also consider smoking with mesquite. You wouldn't need to get to pulled pork level of doneness, just to where you think it's had enough smoke. Dice it up and use it in your favorite chili recipe.

sounds nice !
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

Do a dry rub with chile powder, cumin, Mexican oregano, and salt and pepper. I would also consider smoking with mesquite. You wouldn't need to get to pulled pork level of doneness, just to where you think it's had enough smoke. Dice it up and use it in your favorite chili recipe.

Not arguing, but I love shredded meat in chili. Beef or pork

i would love to see this recipe , I had pork tomatillo w/ chile verde in san diego  in old town and almost died it was so good. thanks
Ask and ye shall receive!

I posted the recipe here http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/260884/green-chile-pork-posole-stew

Feel free to tweak it into a chili recipe or go with it as is, and no need for you to brown the already cooked pulled pork.

If you go with this recipe don't worry if you have a lot of shredded pork in the dish it really doesn't matter if the pork is in chunks or shreds it will be awesome.  Hell I like to cook mine down thick and put in tortillas for tacos so I imagine the shredded pork would be extra awesome for what I like to do :)

Here's the pick of what it looked like in the pot and taken with a crappy phone camera at the time.  Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky