Pulled pork and some spares

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Did this the weekend before Memorial day . Had a small hunk of a pork butt I saved from making sausage . I saved it to make a ham , but decided to smoke this one . About 3 lbs , no fat cap .
Had a 3 pack of full spares from GFS . The pack date on the ribs was 2 days before I bought them , so I trimmed two racks and smoked them the following day . These things were nice . Best I've bought from them .

Did the butt section in the MES 30 . Apple wood chunks in the chip tray . Perfect smoke . Came out really good , and I'm liking the leaner cook on these , fat cap went to sausage . Only got a couple pics , and just salt and pepper .
I didn't wrap , ( never do ) just had a piece of foil on the tray for clean up .
20200517_174058.jpg
Pulled nice ,
20200517_174258.jpg

Got the 26 uncovered and it started to rain . No biggie . I just rolled it to the covered part of the patio .
20200517_085102.jpg
Set up the snake , Burned 8 hours at 260
and still had a foot left when I took the ribs off .
20200517_090335.jpg
Did 2 racks , the one had a real thin side to it , so took all that off and vac'd it .
The other was meaty just a slight trim .
No wrap on these either .
20200517_173735.jpg 20200517_175200.jpg
Sliced up ,
20200517_175703.jpg
Had dough in the fridge outside , so I grabbed enough to make a
loaf in the 360 . That thing does great on bread too .
20200517_171121.jpg 20200517_175254.jpg
By this time I'm starving . Piled it all on a plate and had at it .
Son made a awesome pasta salad . Daughter did the corn .
20200517_180139.jpg
Only thing missing was slaw for the pork , but it was really good .
I have to say , and have said it before . I can murder a rack of ribs .
These were fantastic . I think 2 things helped me this time . The fresh ribs , and a comment noboundaries noboundaries made about probing ribs .
Went with the probe , and they were awesome . Big rack probed tender before the small one . Took it off left the other one til tender .
Worked great .

Oh , here's a couple gadgets I made to help keep my temp probes out of the way .
This one goes on the side ,
20200517_112330.jpg
Wrap the leads around , take up the slack .
Then up to this one that holds things up top , and in thru the door .
Tired of probes hung in the door latch .
20200517_112323.jpg
Works good . Cut a slot and glued some magnets underneath
to hold them in place .

Thanks for lookin

that's a good looking meal ya had there, like the gadgets may have to do something like that it gets old having wires in the way

Reactions: chopsaw
Wow, a all around wonderful effort Rich, huge Like! The meats look to be about darned perfect and now I see the 360 has baking potential, you are a inspiration! RAY

I want some please!!!!

Nice work especially for a Friday!!!
Be happy to share ,,
I did these a couple weekends ago , but everyday is Friday around here .
Thanks !
all around wonderful effort
Thanks Ray . Try a loaf in the 360 . Comes out good .
Man, oh man. What a plate of deliciousness! Great job.
Thanks for the comment , and the help with the ribs . I saw your comment in another thread .
My ribs were always hit or miss . I think the probe to tender is the ticket .

Fantastic looking meal! Man, with the aroma of the smokers and smell of fresh baked bread, no wonder you were starving. Love those ideas for wires...always in the way of the latch.

Ryan

Last edited:
Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
That is one fantastic looking meal right there!! Great job. All looks great but that bread is perfection.
Thanks Robert . Yeah the bread was really good . I did Ray's bun recipe in there too , came out awesome .

Fantastic looking meal! Man, with the aroma of the smokers and smell of fresh baked bread, no wonder you were starving. Love those ideas for wires...always in the way of the latch.
Thanks for the comment .
Yeah , had apple chunks in the Weber and the 30 , bread in the oven ,,,
You can buy the magnets at Lowes . I have some round , some square . Get the round and use a paddle bit to drill a hole . Works great .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Awesome, awesome looking ribs! Absolutely beautiful color! Damn, I want some but... not today..... I have two T-bone stakes sitting in my sous vide container for four two hours now - (two more hours to go). Now I have a plan for my next weekend!!!! :emoji_wink:
BTW, any chance you can share your recipe for that loaf of bread? Looks nice too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky