Pulled Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Albertson had the Cook hams for .49. Guess I gonn have to add this to my list. Going in the freezer for now.

View attachment 521985
Good price for sure. I bought 2 after Christmas for the same price. I cut all the meat off the bone, removed most of the fat and skin, cut into 1" cubes and vacuum sealed in 1 lb. packs to use as seasoning meat in beans, soups, etc. The bones were also vacuum sealed separately to use also. Just an idea if you or anyone uses smoked meat for seasoning or whatever...

Good grief, how did I not see this until now? Great piece of work Jeff, reckon I'm late to the party once again. I picked up a 8lb ham after Xmas to make split pea soup. RAY

Reactions: jcam222
Geezus, that looks amazing Jeff, I'm not sure how I missed this cook.
As soon as I find some of those beans at a decent price, I'm stealing your recipe. :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm back in Ketosis, running at 2.8 ketones on a blood meter, and it's working, I've lost the holiday slip up weight that I put on, and I'm down 23 lbs, 27 more to reach my goal weight.

jcam222 jcam222
Thank you for the awesome recipes, encouragement and support.
Dan.

jcam222 jcam222
Jeff, you really should consider putting a Keto recipe link of your smokes at the bottom of your page, like Bear and a few others have.

Thanks bruth'a.
Dan.

Wow Jeff, I know I was busy through the Dec and Jan times .
But do not know how I missed this. Great looking ham ...before and after

Looks great and with some teriyaki on it also , yes sir

David

I think he needs to write a cookbook. I don't think I could do this low carb thing without him!
Likewise, I agree Brian, but he really needs to link his forum cooks to one place, so they are easier to find,
In case bonehead's like me forget to tag them. :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy:

Jeff. I pulled this out freezer. Any suggestions welcome. Temp? Did you foil?

Attachments

• 20220411_134840.jpg
    20220411_134840.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 7
Jeff. I pulled this out freezer. Any suggestions welcome. Temp? Did you foil?
I would run around 275F for a finish temp just like pulled pork. Additionally the next time I do it I think I will inject. It can tend to dry out on your. Absolutely I would wrap at 165F in foil pan with some liquid.

I would run around 275F for a finish temp just like pulled pork. Additionally the next time I do it I think I will inject. It can tend to dry out on your. Absolutely I would wrap at 165F in foil pan with some liquid.

I don't know anything about "Keto", but I take my "Pulled Ham" to about 204° to 208° IT, Like this:
Buckboard Bacon and Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham

Bear

I can use that Butcher pork inject. Almost made Pork Butt to tender. Not sure if it will take much but can give it a try. Going to take several days to thaw.

I wouldn't inject because it's pre cooked and already has been pumped with 23% weight phosphate, nitrite etc
Good point Jake, I didn’t really consider that. I’d probably just wrap early to keep it from drying out.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I think I will just wait and cure a pork butt for this. I will just smoke to 140 and take it down to the river. They been complaining I have not feed them lately.

Glad I just did this ham normal now. Was one of the best done in long while. Very tender and great flavor.. Took down to river and feed everyone. I gave the left overs away except the bone and juice, now wish would of save some. Told them bring a pot of beans later this week. Going to cure a butt for pulled ham I think.

Reactions: jcam222 and bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky