Proud New Dad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ultramag

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
Garden City, MO
I hope you guys don't mind, but I have alot of folks here I consider friends and wanted to share a couple pics of my son. The wife and I are new parents! :D

His name is Mikel James and he was born 1-28-07. He was delivered via c-section at 2:25 a.m. My wife gave it one hell of a go and he just wasn't coming the old fashioned way. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21 inches long.

I know he is a little late responding, but he wants to be included in the head count for the SMF Gathering and wants to know if there is a minimum age requirement for membership @ SMF.
wink.gif

Here is Mikel and I after me being up over 28 hours and finally getting settled in our room. I'm the furry one that may or may not have eaten to much good Q. :shock:

Here is a close up setting with his daddy. Not sure about the gangsta arm crossing pose. Maybe he just wants to look tough. :lol:

One last one w/ Grandma.

Chad,

I can see the pride on your "tired" face :D

Great looking young fellow there..

You know I was reading the other day that a baby's taste (like and dislike) in food is learned and already developed when they are born based on what the mother ate during the pregnancy..

Hope you fed the wife lots of great Q!!!

Congratulations and wishing you many happy memories together.

He's a real cutie Chad congrats to you both! How about some stats? Height, weight favorite Q?

Oh were we talkin about the baby?

:lol:

CONGRATS CHAD!!! Good look'n boy you have there. My advise is to hold him as much as you can, time flies and soon he will be 11 and not so easy to hold in the recliner(nor will he want to be held like that.....but fun to make him).

Take care of Mama, too.

Congratulations to the proud new parents!

Nice to see a post from you Meowey....Too cold for my old bones to get the smoker in operation.....going south again when they get this weather in moderation again...guess its an age thing...

Chad congratulations and thanks for including us.

Love to see those little guys but they grow up so fast. And before long he will be telling you how to Q.

Take good care of baby and momma

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and sharing in our joy. He has been a real joy and an experience like no other so far. I just hope I can be a good father to him and not make too many mistakes along the way. Life is now a new learning experience for all three of us!

Congrats to you and you misses. You bet we'll take him. Another Missourian added to the smokin' family.
It's funny to look at the first pic. It was like looking in the mirror. Key overalls, Teamster cap, mustache and beard, and about the same size. My wife says we could be twins. Weird.

Chad and Mrs Chad - Congrats on the new arrival. It won't be long til 'lil mag is manning the smoker. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Keep Smokin

Chad,

Thanks so much for sharing your special moment with your smokin' family here on the SMF! Great looking baby boy. And healthy stats, too!

My three are all grown, gone and successful!

Give Mikel your full attention but don't smother him. Show him great patience which he will respect and soon gain himself. Tell him your expectations but let him set his own goals. There is no instruction book included so you'll just have to wing it! And I can tell by your sharing this moment with all of us that you are on track to successful parenting and raising a great son!

My warmest most sincere best wishes to you and the Mrs on the arrival of your son!

Cheers!

Chad,

Thanks so much for sharing your special moment with your smokin' family here on the SMF! Great looking baby boy. And healthy stats, too!

My three are all grown, gone and successful!

Give Mikel your full attention but don't smother him. Show him great patience which he will respect and soon gain himself. Tell him your expectations but let him set his own goals. There is no instruction book included so you'll just have to wing it! And I can tell by your sharing this moment with all of us that you are on track to successful parenting and raising a great son!

My warmest most sincere best wishes to you and the Mrs on the arrival of your son!

Cheers!

Chad

Congrats to you and Momma on such a joyous occasion
Now you have someone to keep ya company on those all-night smokes....let momma get some extra sleep...

Congrats on the MiniMag.Do they make Wick bibs that small,Just to get him started down the right path.If a kid is huntin he aint out getting in trouble.When he is ready to take on a salmon bring him up here! but really you dont have to wait that long to come up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky