Problems Posting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooter1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
Lutz, Florida
Hey all, I have had some problems posting as well as replying to PM's, etc., the last couple of weeks off and on and was wondering if anyone else had similar problems. I was just migrated to Windows 7 at work and that very well may be the problem.

When I log in I can usually tell there is going to be a problem. At the bottom of my screen there is a green progress bar while the site is loading. When there is a problem it never fully loads. When things are good it loads in seconds and is gone. When I try to start a new thread or respond to a post I notice that the tool bar with the smilies etc... isn't there. I will hit submit anyway and my reply dissapears, no post. It is really frustrating as I have been trying to post some q-view from the holidays and keep running into this problem.

I have actually tried to post this 3 different times with no luck. Things seem to be working this morning so I'm trying to post as much as possible.

Has anyone run into anything like this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have noticed lately that that progress bar is there on the bottom right hand corner and I prevents me from scrolling up or down until that progress bar full loads and goes away. I never had that issue before so I don't know what happened. It seems like the page is taking longer to load or something. It does that at work and also on my home computer but I haven't had any issues like you are saying about posts not going through mine is just the sit and wait for the page to load then I can scroll up and down.

Talk about strange when I tried to reply to this post I clicked submit and a big error popped up saying there was an issue with trying to post or something to that effect. I had to click submit twice more to get it to go through. This is the only time I have had that issue.  And I also noticed that the status bar takes forever on every thread I try to click on or if I refresh the All New Posts page. This is something I have noticed just recently started. At least for me on my two computers.

Last edited:
I'm good!

Using Vista as an OS, and Chrome for my internet.

So far, I haven't had any of the issues some other forum members have had since the switch to the new platform.

I seem to only be having this problem at work. At home I have XP Professional and haven't had any problems that I have noticed. Of course I am on the site the most while I am at work. After sitting in front of a computer for 10 hours a day I usually don't feel like getting on the computer at home.

Thanks for the replies.

I have windows 7 & chrome for internet. The only problem I have is it takes a few seconds to get back to the main page. There seems to be a lot of stuff loading in the background. I think it has to do with all the ads.

While using XP Pro and IE8, I haven't encountered those problems yet. I will keep an eye open for such an occurrence. 

I have problems now and then but none of the ones you mentioned, and none at all for at least the last few weeks.

Bear

icon_cool.gif

I'm on XP and I have no real problems. It just alittle slow but I'm sure that me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky