problem with my ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

funk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
picked up two slabs of spare ribs at walmart and I tried to get the membrane off, but could not do it.  This is the first time this has happened to me.  I usually use a fork at one end to loosen it up and take a papertowel to grab the membrane and it usually comes off nice and easy.  I ended up just taking a fork and lightly scrapping the membrane off each rib.  Will the membrane cookoff over the next several hours?

icon_cool.gif

No the membrane will not cook off. But I have seen ribs with the membrane already pulled off now. I'm trying to remeber if it was Wally World that someone said it was already pulled off or not. I guess it will still be one of lifes great wonders.

icon_cool.gif

No the membrane will not cook off. But I have seen ribs with the membrane already pulled off now. I'm trying to remeber if it was Wally World that someone said it was already pulled off or not. I guess it will still be one of lifes great wonders.
I have had a few ribs that the membrane was already pulled.  It drives you nuts for a few minutes until you discover that someone's done it for you.

Just discovered I had a senior moment (not close to being a senior).  I should have used my UDS but instead I pulled out my WSM 18.  Got it all heated and ready to go.  Pulled out the ribs and the two slabs are to big.  Had to dig and get my rack out and wrapped them around to fit.. do not like using racks and prefer to lay them flat.  Hopefully the day gets better.

i just got done getting 2 racks of babybacks ready for tomorrow and they didn't have the membrane on the back. this was the first time i have found this! was very greatful though,made my job easier!!!

Just discovered I had a senior moment (not close to being a senior).  I should have used my UDS but instead I pulled out my WSM 18.  Got it all heated and ready to go.  Pulled out the ribs and the two slabs are to big.  Had to dig and get my rack out and wrapped them around to fit.. do not like using racks and prefer to lay them flat.  Hopefully the day gets better.
LOL... well all things considered having to choose between a WSM or a UDS, could be worse. Could be like all those folks who boil and oven their ribs with liquid smoke... heh-heh.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky