Printing Jeff's recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokie bill

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Some time ago I started noticing that when I print anything on Jeff's website(recipes mainly), the text is so light that it's hardly readable. I have no trouble printing anything else off of the computer on any other website. Even when just viewing the recipes on the computer screen, they appear to be on the light-gray side. I don't recall this happening even a couple of years ago. I've double checked all my computer & printer setting & nothing has changed. It happens only on this website. I have tried to contact Jeff directly but evidently he doesn't have staff enough to answer all emails, so I thought I'd try positing my concern here. Thanks for any comments. Bill

I assume your computer has a document processor (Microsoft Word or other).
You should be able to paste in there and then change the color of the font as Chopsaw said.

I'll take a look a little later tonight to see if I can duplicate the issue.

I'm pretty sure I printed another copy within the last year or two after Jeff sent me the updated version with the Texas rub (the Texas wasn't in the original recipes I bought years ago) and they printed fine. I typed them all out on the note taking app on my phone and mostly use that, but like a paper backup just in case. I will try printing a copy from my office PC later tonight and see if they print right.

I can’t find the recipe emails but if they post here I can try to print also if that helps.

Reactions: smokin peachey
They are paid for recipes and should not be posted here. I sometimes share the rubs with friends, but I tell them to go buy it if they want to make their own.

Oh I misread. I thought the recipe he had issue were emailed and or on Jeff’s website. Understood it to be recipe for cooks.

2CE21D45-C365-4E35-AFB3-3AE62A8468F3.jpeg

For windows, copy paste to notepad or wordpad and print from there.

Some time ago I started noticing that when I print anything on Jeff's website(recipes mainly), the text is so light that it's hardly readable. I have no trouble printing anything else off of the computer on any other website. Even when just viewing the recipes on the computer screen, they appear to be on the light-gray side. I don't recall this happening even a couple of years ago. I've double checked all my computer & printer setting & nothing has changed. It happens only on this website. I have tried to contact Jeff directly but evidently he doesn't have staff enough to answer all emails, so I thought I'd try positing my concern here. Thanks for any comments. Bill
I just tried to do this and it prints just fine for me and the color is good. Sounds like it may be a printer setting issue. Not sure what to tell you without being able to duplicate it.

Sorry

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky