Prime Rib Thanksgiving Prep Meat......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
In preparation for a whole bunch of turkey meals, we had to have a palate cleanser, so picked up a couple of smaller PR roasts to fit the bill. This was also the first PR cook on the new RT 1250....I was in a rush but and didn't get any prep pics but seasoned them with salt and Kinders PR rub then smoked at 225 till IT 135, then in the house oven at 140 till for 40 min while the sides were prepared......

Gordan Ramey Mash, baby bellas and onions, with a side of quick aus jus......a perfect start to the Thanksgiving celebration!
ThanksPrep1.jpg

Pure PR MONEY!!!
ThanksPrep2.jpg

I smoked two roasts, the second will be for French dip samiches & cheese and crackers.......YUM YUM YUM!

Last edited:
Yep. that's my plan for Christmas right there. Hopefully mine will turn out like yours...
Thanks GS! I have gone round and round on PR, but have settled on the simplest as the best.....Thin trim on the fat cap, then 225 till 5 under desired IT then hold at desired IT....This has made getting it done at the perfect time less important....

Perfection!
Thanks CPAC! This was a choice roast but was as good or better than the prime roasts I've done

Just the way I like mine! Nicely done!
Thanks Gator! I'm looking forward to samiches and crackers up to turkey day!

Looks perfect to me! And delicious! Gonna have to pay the price and get one soon I think! Heck, I would never of thought of prime rib on cheese and crackers lol.

Ryan

Looks perfect to me! And delicious! Gonna have to pay the price and get one soon I think! Heck, I would never of thought of prime rib on cheese and crackers lol.

Ryan
These were on sale, because I haven't wanted to pony up....Oh yea a slice of PR with my wife's onion cream cheese ball and a thyme leaf on top on a butter cracker.......oh man Ryan its a THING!

Reactions: TNJAKE
These were on sale, because I haven't wanted to pony up....Oh yea a slice of PR with my wife's onion cream cheese ball and a thyme leaf on top on a butter cracker.......oh man Ryan its a THING!
I believe ya! But I want the old Club cracker for my cracker... you know when they used to come in big sheets not all these individual ones like they do now!
How's your wife make her onion cream cheese ball? That sounds kinda tasty.

Ryan

Round two, with the second PR roast.......
PR1.jpg

Just yum yum yum!
PR5.jpg

Ran it across the slicer for some thin cut and removed the excess fat....
PR3.jpg

15 month aged gruyere on a artisan sour
PR2.jpg

After a few min under the broiler at low....
PR6.jpg

Baby bells and sweet onion seared on 18K BTU
PR4.jpg

The samich build!!!! The anticipation is building too....(the sliced PR went for a quick dunk in the aus jus to warm it up.
PR7.jpg

A proper PR lunch samich!
PR8.jpg

PR samich money.........
PR9.jpg

The wife was going out shopping for a few last min things and after seeing the look on the boys and my face as we consumed this she said, she will pick up another one for crackers and more samiches!

I believe ya! But I want the old Club cracker for my cracker... you know when they used to come in big sheets not all these individual ones like they do now!
How's your wife make her onion cream cheese ball? That sounds kinda tasty.

Ryan
I remember the sheet out of a tin.....man that's a memory, cracking open a new cracker tin....I can still smell that....LOL

The wife is out but I will post her recipe, it is easy but tasty tasty!

Now that's one fine looking meal !
Many thanks 912
You nailed it bud!
Thanks Brian, I'm still loving the new RT, it has been spot on!

Looks phenomenal!
Thanks Peachy, it tasted better than the pics, and I'm not joking
OMG that look amazing!
Much appreciation Sandy! Nothing beats a classic meat & spuds meal in my book!

Man, all of that looks simply amazing. Beautiful job on everything. Those are my kinda meals, that's for sure.

Robert

Man, all of that looks simply amazing. Beautiful job on everything. Those are my kinda meals, that's for sure.

Robert

Thanks Robert! There is a reason the wife and I have been hitting the trail in the AMs for a 4 mile walk about.......

That slab of prime on the plate with those taters is about as beautiful a thing as I've ever seen, MONEY! RAY

Looks amaizing!!!.. With all this turkey about to happen over the next week or so I'll be ready for a meal like that!!!

That slab of prime on the plate with those taters is about as beautiful a thing as I've ever seen, MONEY! RAY
Thanks Ray! I sure hit the spot, having been working 7days per for the last 4 weeks....splurged with some time off!

Looks amaizing!!!.. With all this turkey about to happen over the next week or so I'll be ready for a meal like that!!!

Thanks Sowsage!.....Like I said above.... palate cleanser! After a few days of PR I will be ready for a turkey dinner......

OK, someone please stop me as this is out of control......The wife just handed me this nice little 4 lber....said we have left over mash so lets make dinner easy again.....

PR3-1.jpg

Trimmed up and season as previous, but this time I put just a pinch of sugar to help with bark on the low temp smoke.....
PR3-2.jpg

Went on the RT-1250 lower rack at 225 about 15 min ago.......
PR3-3.jpg

yes I know I have a serious addiction.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky