Prime NY Strip & Veg Weber Style!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So I have been working like crazy at work and then like crazy on the house over the weekends and at night after work so the wife says the other night we should stop and get some fresh beef to eat (we have also been freezer eating for some time)...... so we went to our trusty SRF honey hole looking for some wagyu but that was a bust...... so we stopped by the trusty Costco and these thick cut prime NYs were screaming at me.....I didn’t get a pic but the marbling was off the chart...

So after that long story, the cook was planned almost entirely on the Weber gen..... first up were some roots seasoned with kinders buttery steakhouse and a splash of S&P the a bit of classic light olive.... double wrapped in foil and on the grill at mid heat.... , next was some foil wrapped sweet corn seasoned with butter and old bay.....on the grill about 10 min after the carrots, then some seasoned sweet onions, and the NYs. The carrots got 30 mins corn 20, onions and beef 14 min (7 per side). Pulled NYs at 125 to rest and carry over.....

Opening the roots...... modern day tin foil dinner!
AF01A2EE-5979-4D83-9D76-89FA75DCFB4D.jpeg

NY and onions resting.....(no grill grates, the Weber sear grate)
D9EC9493-AAD4-4226-BF8C-AE9813A1C1D9.jpeg

The boy seared up some baby Bella’s with S&P, butter, & classic olive...
4684D9D7-46F3-42FF-B27D-E17776518243.jpeg

And finally the plate! Topped with some thick beef au jus and topped with copped herbs...
AB8BDA46-8CEB-4491-8FF5-8C377C461858.jpeg

Grilling Money NY Style!
303EC1F9-9C25-4759-9DBF-987376B792D4.jpeg

Finished IT 130 (thermapen one) Pure money!!!! .....I admit it I licked the plate!!!!
70C4D7ED-102D-4772-AF87-BF33232DD8B6.jpeg

PS 45 min prep to window time.....

That all looks amazing. Very nice work. And I love the foil pack veggies.
Thanks Sven! The foil pack is homage back to the scouting days, but it’s very effective and gives excellent results! I cook corn on the cob all the time like this....way more flavor than in a pot of water...
Great cook there man. Those steaks look perfect!
Thanks ringer!

Nice work bud . I'm a fan of foil packs too . Does a great job and easy clean up .

Amazing looking meal! Great job on all of it! I would be licking the plate as well!

Ryan

Nice work bud . I'm a fan of foil packs too . Does a great job and easy clean up .
Many thanks chop! Yes easy dishes for sure!
No shame in licking that plate! Great cook.
Jim
Thanks Jim, some times you got to do it right!
Hot damn! That’s one nice looking meal. Licked the plate?….I licked my screen!

Very nicely done!
LOL, thanks XR, its been a while since I have almost cried after the first bite of a steak and this was one of those times.....
Amazing looking meal! Great job on all of it! I would be licking the plate as well!

Ryan
Much appreciation Ryan! I know that I am loving the new Weber! I am about to to put the 3rd bottle of propane on it because we have been using the crap out of it!

Reactions: JLeonard
Dude, I don't blame you one bit!! That is one spectacular looking meal. Perfection across the board right there. Very well done.

Robert
Many thanks Robert! The above is about my fav meal for sure!
That looks delicous never mind licking the plate think I would have eaten that too.
Thanks jim! that might cause some issues and all but hey I think it would have tasted good going down! LOL
Looks like a perfect meal! Love them grilled veggies!
Thanks Al, grilling veggies always makes them better in my book!
Another awesome meal by civil dang would sure like to be your neighbor.

Warren
Thanks Warren! I will let you know if any house go up for sale in the neighborhood for ya!

Yup. Looks great as always. Been awhile since I had steak. I used foil packs in scouts too. Forgot about them for the most part. I still used them some for corn on the cob.

Yup. Looks great as always. Been awhile since I had steak. I used foil packs in scouts too. Forgot about them for the most part. I still used them some for corn on the cob.
Much appreciated PC! It have been a long time for me as well, so it was like magic to me. The foil pack is an effective tool for sure....may have to do some open fire ones once the XFire is back up and running.

I’d be licking that plate too! Awesome! We just did some nice NY Sunday, I know those hit the spot!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky