Prime Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great. Awesome work

Personally i've never tried seperating the point from the flat, as i usually have more than enough time when i'm smoking.

Btw what did you inject it with?, i always just use beef broth.

Reactions: mossymo
Oah God damn. Normy likey. My brisket attempts haven't been so great. I might have to drop $50 and give it another try.

Point. And thank you for the share.

Point. Looks great and separating the 2 cuts sounds perfect idea! Are they roughly the same weight after?

Looks great. Awesome work

Personally i've never tried seperating the point from the flat, as i usually have more than enough time when i'm smoking.

Btw what did you inject it with?, i always just use beef broth.

Meat Church Holy Cow Brisket Injection - www.owensbbq.com/sauces-spreads-marinades--brines.html

TYgPv5.jpg

Point. Looks great and separating the 2 cuts sounds perfect idea! Are they roughly the same weight after?

Yes, roughly as there was very little fatcap left.

Reactions: HitManQ and zwiller
I just unthawed a large 15 lb. brisket to do it as you guys do. So I started trimming a little of thr external fat. As I am not a real fan of a lot of fat I kept at it. To make a long story short I got 8lbs. Of fat off the total. Forgive me but I then took all the fat out and cut it up for jerky. With a bit of more trimming I was left with 6 lbs. of lean brisket which is seasoning right now. I know it is probably a cardinal sin to do that to a brisket but I got them free from my s.i.l. It was the fattest one I have ever seen or done. I also know the difference between the fat and the point. It was quite plain after you told me what to look for. Thanks for all your help and suggestions are always welcome. Piker

Reactions: HitManQ and mossymo
I just unthawed a large 15 lb. brisket to do it as you guys do. So I started trimming a little of thr external fat. As I am not a real fan of a lot of fat I kept at it. To make a long story short I got 8lbs. Of fat off the total. Forgive me but I then took all the fat out and cut it up for jerky. With a bit of more trimming I was left with 6 lbs. of lean brisket which is seasoning right now. I know it is probably a cardinal sin to do that to a brisket but I got them free from my s.i.l. It was the fattest one I have ever seen or done. I also know the difference between the fat and the point. It was quite plain after you told me what to look for. Thanks for all your help and suggestions are always welcome. Piker

Nice, btw don't throw that fat away, make some tallow with it, way better than oil or butter in my opinion :D

Nice, btw don't throw that fat away, make some tallow with it, way better than oil or butter in my opinion :D
I always render the fat for future use and I cut the skin in small pieces and do the same with it. On the farm we called those left over it’s cracklings and they were way better than candy

Reactions: HitManQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky