Prime Beef Ribs & Pork Steaks

Discussion in 'Beef' started by bearcarver, Aug 17, 2014.

1. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Prime Beef Ribs & Pork Steaks

I had these 3 sections of Beef Ribs in my Freezer since last Christmas, when they were cut off of my Prime Ribs.

I didn't want to only smoke one rack full, so Mrs Bear picked up some Pork Sirloin Chops (Steaks). She kept a few pieces to pound, bread, and fry, for another night, and gave me the rest.

So the first day,  I rinsed & patted everything dry. 
    Then I coated the Beef Ribs with Worcestershire "Thick", and sprinkled CBP, Garlic Powder & Onion Powder on top.
    Then covered with plastic wrap, and into the fridge for an overnight rest.

Also covered the Pork with Yellow Mustard & some Pork Rub, and covered with plastic wrap & into fridge with the Beef Ribs.

Then the next day:
    11:15--------------------Preheat MES 40 to 230*
    11:30--------------------Fill one row of AMNPS with Hickory Pellets & light.
    11:50--------------------Put AMNPS in bottom left, on bars, and reset heat to 225*.
    12:00--------------------Put Beef Ribs in smoker on Rack #1, and Pork Steaks on Rack #2.
    02:00--------------------Put Pork in Pan, add foiling mix** & cover with foil.
    02:00--------------------Also add another row of pellets to my AMNPS (Forgot about the Taters).
    02:30--------------------Stack Beef Ribs in 8 X 8 pan, add foil mix** & cover with foil.
    02:30--------------------Also Pull Pork Steak package, and put in cooler with towels.
    03:40--------------------Light Weber "Q".
    04:00--------------------Put Stuffed Taters on top rack in Smoker.
    04:00--------------------Get Pork Steaks out & flip them around awhile on the "Q" with a little BBQ sauce on them.
    04:30--------------------Remove Beef Ribs & Stuffed Taters. Ribs were between 155* and 160* IT.
    05:00--------------------Take Pics & Eat.

** Foil Mix---------10 oz of Apple Juice, 2 oz of JD BBQ Sauce, and 2 oz of Ken's Honey Teriyaki Marinade. (Heat & stir before adding)

Note: I usually do my Beef Ribs at (3--2.5), but this time I did them at (2.5--2), and they still had some pink at 155* to 160* IT. Hard to say which way I enjoyed the most----They're both so Dang Tasty!!!

Mrs Bear's Stuffed Taters were Awesome----Hard to believe how much Tasty Smoke flavor they absorb in a half hour!!

Thanks For Looking,

Bear

Cut-off Beef Ribs from 3 of my last Prime Ribs I scored last Christmas:

Rubbed, covered, & into fridge:

Gotta add some Pork Steaks too:

Not a bad price for nowadays:

Smear a little Yellow Mustard & some Pork Rub:

Then out we go, to where it all happens!!!

Through the Looking Glass------Beef above Pork:

Gotta get my Hickory Pellets going in my AMNPS:

Looks like good smoke-----In she goes:

While we wait, it was so Beautiful out, I took a couple pics. My front yard taken from standing next to my smoker:

Pet Cemetery over at the edge of the woods. 
    Those 3 pots make it easy to find my 3 septic tank lids when we have to pump it out every 5 years.

Time to foil the Beef & Grill the Pork:

Flip the Pork Steaks around a little on the "Q", with a little sauce on them:

I like to put Mrs Bear's Stuffed Taters in for some smoke during the last half hour:

Time for a Close-up:

Fresh out of the Smoker:

MMMMmmmmmm------Nice & Pink:

Bear's first helping, with some elbow room:

Outside the Dining Room window, we had Guests for Dinner:

2. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

It all looks wonderful Bear! Thanks for another outstanding post.

3. tom 178

tom 178 Meat Mopper

[​IMG]That looks like some great eating there Bear. I love the beef ribs.

Your place looks great. Especially to this desert city dweller.

4. bearcarver

Thank You, Timberjet !!

I Appreciate it !!!

Bear

gary s likes this.
  5. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks awesome Bear, it all is just mouth watering ! Love the spuds, ribbies & pork steaks..... YUM !! Question though, that one pork steak looks kinda fishy.... Hmmmm.... Almost looks like a Bear had a sample.... :biggrin:

Outstanding smoke my friend ! :beercheer:

6. Yet another home run by Bear, looks great, love all the pictures, your place is beautiful.  Love the color on those ribs and chops

Gary S

7. Looks GREAT Bear. Nice view from the smoker. That beats out the back door of my shop.

Happy smoken.

David

8. bearcarver

Thank You Tom!!!

Beef Ribs are my favorite Ribs!!

Mowing grass is getting old already & it's only August !!  Mowed everything 19 times already this season!!!

Bear

9. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Everytime I see pictures of your home I love it. Of course they are great ribs and steaks......... it is a beautiful home my friend.

10. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice work my friend. I just don't know how you keep the glass in that MES so clean!

B

11. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Outstanding Bear, as usual!  I'd do some damage to a plate of that!  

Still nice and green in your neck of the woods.  Its the same here, for a change.  Usually in NE Oklahoma by the middle of August, the heat and the drought has burned everything up to a crunchy brown.  Not so this year...we've had an unusually mild and wet summer.

Nice job on the qview!  [​IMG]

Red

12. bearcarver

Thank You Justin!!!

LOL---The Bear often does that, but this time if you look at the raw pork on the plates, you can see the same notches are missing.[​IMG]

I think it's where they removed the bone.

Bear
    Thank You Gary!!

I Appreciate the compliments!!

Bear

13. moikel

moikel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking spread . You look like your having some nice weather for outdoor eating.
    Massive rain event here.
    We don't see a lot of beef cut like that. I have to shop around .
    Gotta love beef on the bone.

14. moikel

moikel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I would happily swap balcony bird visitors. :biggrin:

15. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking meal Bear! Yards looking good too!

16. Hello Bear.  Another fine how to.  I do love beef ribs, prefer them to pork ribs.  My pork steaks never make it outside.  They get floured and fried.  Love chicken fried pork steaks/chops, and of course chicken fried steak.  Something wonderful happens to the fat on a pork chop when it's fried.  [​IMG]   OK so it's bad for me but still working on my first heart attack.  Folks this side of the pond give me funny looks when I mention "chicken fried".  Fine job on the meal and a great looking place you have there.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

17. Yesser Bear, great looking food, as usual, and more nice views of the Homestead, Thanks for sharing!

18. bearcarver

Thank You David !!!

It's nice & peaceful here.

Bear
    Thank You Foamy!!

This is Mrs Bear's Dream Home----I gotta keep it nice!![​IMG]

Bear

19. Beautiful real estate, Beautiful Smoke. Thumbs Up

20. bearcarver

Thank You!!

I just clean it good before every smoke, so it doesn't bake on.

I learned with my wood stove glass that if you let it cool & then heat it again, without cleaning it, the crap gets baked on good & hard.

If you clean it before it gets heated again, it's a lot easier.

Bear
    Thanks Red!!

Been about 8 or 10 years since I last kicked up dust when mowing here.

Already mowed 19 times this season!! The last time I mowed, the temp here never got up to 70* that day.

Bear
    Thank You!!

We can't find this kind of ribs either.

These were cut from my last score of Prime Rib roasts.

LOL----We actually have had 3 beautiful days like this in a row (without rain!).

Bear