Pretzel wrapped Pepper Jack Bratwurst .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
LIKE and congrats on the ride! Brat and breze is the classic combo. You guys are killing me talking about the weisswurst. I never got the chance to make mine over the holidays...

Not sure if you guys know but I went through a pretzel phase some time ago and lye is actually used for the browning. Baking soda "kinda" works but lye is way better and the key. I got some food grade sodium hydroxide on Amazon for like $10. Legit german pretzels are pretty dark. https://www.saveur.com/worlds-best-pretzel/
Ive always wanted to try making with the lye. I've always used the baking soda. And I cant say I have even had a "real German pretzel" thats made with lye.

Nice anytime sammie there chopsaw. I could sure help you do away with a couple of them.
The local Amish market pretzel maker does all kinds of stuffed pretzels like cheese steak, crab meat, sausage and egg and cheese dogs and some others.

Warren

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
Just outstanding chop! I'm a regular "buyer" of the sausage wrap from the local c-store here. Just LOVE all around for your creation for sure! Very NICE work!

I'd also like the dough recipe. And do you think it would be possible to cool the brats a bit and slice into 2" long pieces, then wrap in dough and bake?

Way to go Chop, that looks fabulous, I'm a huge fan of pretzels, brats and cheese. A nice hot mustard and I'd be in heaven.

Point for sure
Chris

Way to go Chop, that looks fabulous, I'm a huge fan of pretzels, brats and cheese. A nice hot mustard and I'd be in heaven.
Yup , and a dark wheat beer .
Thanks bud .

I would say yum, but pretzel or alkaline bread is not my taste.

I regularly make bagel wrapped hot dogs. Been thinking about using brats, but never got there.
Co-workers have been happy with my Costco dinner frank version.
I wrap them in foil and find a hot spot on the tractor engine for a mid day snack.

I would say yum, but pretzel or alkaline bread is not my taste.
I've done them as bagels also . Comes out good too .

I wrap them in foil and find a hot spot on the tractor engine for a mid day snack.
I've heated many a lunch on a cold construction site with a cardboard box and a 500 watt halogen light .

Rich That is impressive was that a pretzel dough? I'de like to try making pretzels Points
Richie

Rich That is impressive was that a pretzel dough? I'de like to try making pretzels Points
Richie
Thanks for lookin Richie . I have a dough I use for everything I make . I'll send you some info .

• Love
Reactions: tropics
I was at the Amish farmers market today and thought you might like this shot.

thumbnail.jpg

A big choice and today she started making ones with lobster and a seasoned cream cheese filling.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky