Pretty Good Deals

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
A regional grocer here in the southeast, Food Lion, is running a couple of good deals this week which started today, but only at certain stores. USDA choice boneless chuck roast for $2.79/lb and St. Louis ribs for $1.49/lb. The ribs are Hatfield brand which is a family owned company based in Pennsylvania. Problem with the chuck is that they come in pre-cut and packaged so if you wanted a really big one, you might be out of luck. Food Lion doesn't have meat cutters like the old days.

They quit washing fish with bleach also lol, not many around here any more ,35 miles to the closest 1, might still have a card for them in my billfold.

I have two food lion's nearby. Checked our ad's and chuck is $3.49 a lb and ribs are $1.79 a lb. They don't have a huge full scale meat counter but they still cut all of the roasts and steaks in house out this way.

I have been eating Hatfield Pork Products fir 30 years. It's top quality and reasonably priced. $1.49 is as good as it gets, especially the last couple if years...JJ

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I have two food lion's nearby. Checked our ad's and chuck is $3.49 a lb and ribs are $1.79 a lb. They don't have a huge full scale meat counter but they still cut all of the roasts and steaks in house out this way.
After some more digging, I've found that maybe 3-4 stores locally have the cheaper prices while the rest, probably 5-6, have the prices you are seeing. Either it's a competition thing with other grocers or trying to improve sales in those stores or both.

As for cutting roasts, ask them to cut you one special and see what they say. I'm just curious so let me know, please. I sent them an email over a month ago complaining about this very thing and they have yet to respond, not surprised though. Yes, they still will cut boneless steaks such as ribeyes and NY Strips, but nothing with a bone in it like T-bones or pork chops. Such a shame....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky