Prayers For Jake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well this will be an ordeal Jake.
Do you have something to keep your hands, body, and mind busy during this ordeal?
My father in law was laid up in his youth. His wise mother taught him knitting to keep him busy.
Wife said all the knitted goods from her youth were made by Dad.
My preference would be leather work. I've done it for over 50 years. (Turned 65 last year.)
I always enjoyed reteaching the leather work merit badge counselors at Scout Camp.
Maybe they would let you build a percussion cap rifle or pistol from a kit?
Think up not out

Reactions: TNJAKE
Thought this would lighten the mood. This was my nurse last night!

IMG_3660.jpeg

IMG_3664.png

When this lady walked in I looked over at Emily and asked if I’d had too much morphine and was I hallucinating? Is this an escaped mental patient pretending to be a nurse?

Turned out this is Lucy. She sat and talked with us all night. The best and most squared away nurse I’ve ever had.

Seriously though you can’t even make this stuff up lol

Appreciate it fellas and non fellas! I consider a lot of yall close friends so the support means a lot.

I was diagnosed with stomach lymphoma a few weeks ago. Some of the doctors from Vanderbilt saw my stomach pictures and became pretty concerned it may be worse than the VA doctors originally thought and decided to put me in the hospital. As Charles said I’ve lost ALOT of weight in a pretty quick timeframe. Today they wanted to put a feeding tube in my stomach but I declined it. They are doing a lot more testing to see what’s going on and what needs to be done. I’ll be here a while it seems. Not a big deal as they have morphine here lol. I’m in good spirits and everything will be ok I’m sure.

Again thanks to all my buds on the forum for the well wishes!

View attachment 691069
Love ya bro...

Oh Lordy! She studied nursing with Florence. I’m sure she has forgotten more than I’ll ever know as a nurse. Now don’t be trying to hit on her while your all morphined up TNJAKE TNJAKE .
Prayers for you and Emily going strong! Don’t hesitate to holler if you need anything. Or just want to shoot the stuff!

Jim

That is a surprising pic Jake! Hope she is there because she wants to be and not has to be. But sure bet she's got some stories of things she's seen in her lifetime!
Like most, I'm a long ways off but if there's anything you need just say...

Ryan

Reactions: TNJAKE and JLeonard

View attachment 691107

View attachment 691108

When this lady walked in I looked over at Emily and asked if I’d had too much morphine and was I hallucinating? Is this an escaped mental patient pretending to be a nurse?

Turned out this is Lucy. She sat and talked with us all night. The best and most squared away nurse I’ve ever had.

Ha! Now that's pretty damn cool!
Take care brother. Just another field problem.

FUCK CANCER!

Prayers to you Jake, your family, care staff and doctors too.
Took the words right out'a my mouth.
Hang in there Jake, I heard a little weed might help with appetite and cancer.

Get better bruth'a!!!

Last edited:

View attachment 691107

View attachment 691108

I've always had a thing for nurses, thanks Jake, you just cured me of that.:emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky