Practicing for rib comp.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice lookin' ribs Bubba ... hope everything goes perfect for you tomorrow ... I think I can speak for everyone here ... we are all rooting for ya buddy!
Do good and have fun!
p.s. I have never competed, but I am going to observe one this weekend and will take notes and pix.

Go Bubba Go !!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'd just like to thank you guys for all the encouragement, just finished packing up, didn't realize how much crap you need to go smoke ribs in a parking lot!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
Db bbq and myself will be checking in at 9 am, picking up our 4 racks of St. louis ribs, setting up and getting down to business
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Turn in is at 4 so there's plenty of time. Supposed to be 89* so there should be a lot of pop's goin down (and this is a sheriff's fundraiser) lol
will take pic's and try to check in tomorrow nite,
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

BTW, i decided to go with "YankeeZQ2" for our team name...watcha think?

Truck is loaded and ready to go, Can't wait to fire up the
Webers in the morning cuz..Bringing a new sauce to try out Sweet and smokey with a wee-bit of JacknApple should be good..I like the "YankeeZQ2" team name...

I'd like the name better with a small z ... 'cause it took me a minute to realize that you were pluralizing Yankee ... so it would be better in my opinion to be " YankeezQ2 " What do you think?
icon_idea.gif

Well, here goes......27 teams, 3 restaurants, 4 caterers, 89* and humid, ribs came 1 1/2 late, got turn in box to stage with 1 second left..............
Tied for 3rd
PDT_Armataz_01_38.gif
came down to a tie breaker and we missed by 1 point!! winner had 304 and we had 299. BTW, 1st n 2nd cooked over gas grills
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif
Overall very happy, wow, what a blast!! Made some new friends, met some bro's from some other forums and had a great time, got a few pic's.............heres our set-up

ribs goin with a couple snackies

sorry i missed the pics on the turn in box, we got a lil rushed! TY DB BBQ (cuz) i had a blast and we will be definetly be doin more in the future
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

FANTASTIC...OUTSTANDING....WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ya'll must have been on cloud nine!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Bubba ... all I can say is that I hope you will still talk to us underlings ....
Wow! ... tied for third on your first try!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Hmmm ... all that practice paid off eh?
Does my heart good to know that 1st & 2nd were on gas ... Shhh! .. did I say that?
Congratulations my friend!
icon_eek.gif

BTW.. I spent my day Judging ... first time at a competition and fist time judging ... fun!

I must be from Oz I always thought comps were wood or charcoal only. I've only had the pleasure of seeing two and they all had wood or coal.

What a Great day, We met a lot of good people, made some new friends and almost took home some hardware the first time out..Still hard to believe only (1) point away..Just goes to show you don't really need a big commercial or custom smoker to make Great BBQ, All we used were
22 1/2" Webers,charcoal,wood chips,custom sauce,and homemade rub's..
Oh" and a Few Pop's & a Cold Jug... TU: BBQ BUBBA (cuz) We'll have to keep practicing (DARN)..Almost there!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky