Power is out...again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the electric car concept probably hasn't taken off in Alabama yet lol. Our rural hospital has 3 charging stations but I've never seen a car parked there
The Cracker Barrel in Cool Springs has had charging stations for over 10 years. Totally unused, but Grandma's Country B'fast flies out the door!
There is A Meijer in Bowling Green with a 6? capacity Tesla charging station. I have seen it full a few times.

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the electric car concept probably hasn't taken off in Alabama yet lol. Our rural hospital has 3 charging stations but I've never seen a car parked there

I've never met anyone who has even driven one...we do like our push water down here in Bama!

Careful,, softy moderator pineywood will cancel the thread. You don’t even have to mention a political party, just mention radical realty they are putting us through and suddenly you are cancelled.. they all have sensitive feelers but they are the ones pushing this nonsense

Careful,, softy moderator pineywood will cancel the thread. You don’t even have to mention a political party, just mention radical realty they are putting us through and suddenly you are cancelled.. they all have sensitive feelers but they are the ones pushing this nonsense
If you have a problem you can take it to PM instead of derailing someone's thread.

Reactions: Nodak21
I think the wind is going to change direction this weekend, you should be good for a few days. LOL

I used to have an Alladin oil lamp. Chimney got broken and d&&& a placement was the same price as a whole new one. Got a generator instead.

How long was the power down Sherry?

plugged in their car,
"Plugged in their car" has a whole different meaning to a northerner.
Ours is plugging in the block heater so the engine didn't complain on a cold start in the morning.
Yes, I probably live in that suburb, we all have natural gas generators to supply power when it goes out. The power always goes out in the winter when we get a snow storm and the wet snow pulls down trees. One time we were without power for a week.
I last lived in Auburn and not that far from downtown and North AW.
Funny thing is we would be out of power for hours, but didn't need a big stock of gasoline as the stations along Auburn Way never seemed to lose power for very long.
Lost power from Christmas storm while we were visiting family in Minnesota.
Friends and neighbors called to tell me of the tree damage, power outage, and "can we stay in your house?" You bet and walked him through hooking up the genny. Uh the connection wasn't quite legal, but very safe if one knew what they are doing.

Soon - we will all need home generators, and gas or propane fuel to run them with, so we can charge our green-energy electric cars...
I got one right after we came to SC. The last thing i wanted is to be without juice during a hurricane or anything else. Nat Gas is pretty much reliable when power goes out.
"Plugged in their car" has a whole different meaning to a northerner.
Ours is plugging in the block heater so the engine didn't complain on a cold start in the morning.
10-4. I looked sideways at those outlet posts in Fairbanks AK the first time I was there.. I had no idea why they were there except for maybe RVers.. I'm an Arizona boy.
Ya know I'm just bustin on the EV folks.... The ones who took all of our incandescent light bulbs.

Last edited:
Hope you get the juice back on soon. If not already. I have a 6 figure generator. Parked next to the house. So, I don't need to be concerned about power.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Geez. It seems a skunk fart causes power outages these days, and the answer is to convert to a wholy unproven green power source. And God forbid you use gas to cook a meal, or heat your home when the power goes out. I grew up with a well on our property, and a big ass propane tank in our yard. We laughed at ice storms! Having ranted about that, I hope you get your power back on Ms. Sherry!
We're on a well also, but need juice for the pump.

Are you sure you paid your utility bill on time? :emoji_confounded:
Maybe yankee2bbq yankee2bbq job has expanded into electric as well as water and he shut it down. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
We're on a well also, but need juice for the pump.

Maybe yankee2bbq yankee2bbq job has expanded into electric as well as water and he shut it down. LOL
No comment.
ACBC2A58-BA34-494E-ABA0-ABDF489E9F0D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Yes, I probably live in that suburb, we all have natural gas generators to supply power when it goes out. The power always goes out in the winter when we get a snow storm and the wet snow pulls down trees. One time we were without power for a week.
Careful, I hear that CA, OR and WA are going to outlaw propane/NG powered generators they must now be electric powered...lol

Careful, I hear that CA, OR and WA are going to outlaw propane/NG powered generators they must now be electric powered...lol
That's funny, I heard they were putting all new generators on hold until someone builds a successful cold water fusion reactor that sits right next to the ac unit.

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
Yeah my folks have gone through that lately. dad was smart and had a small gas heater placed in the kitchen/living area and had a hook up for his generator put in for the house After the first couple of times.
jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky