Power is out...again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
Nothing quite like sitting in the dark on a Thursday night!:emoji_angry:

Not even storming, either!

ETA...also the first time I'm using my Kindle on SMF...VERY different and VERY annoying with all the popups!

No power is more than inconvenient, it is a real pain. We sometimes go through outages during our summer monsoon season. Oil lamps in the house come in handy. Can still cook on the grill or light the stove top with a match. Batteries for the radio. And a book to read to pass the time.

No power is more than inconvenient, it is a real pain. We sometimes go through outages during our summer monsoon season. Oil lamps in the house come in handy. Can still cook on the grill or light the stove top with a match. Batteries for the radio. And a book to read to pass the time.
‘Merica 2023, good grief.

Reactions: Retired Spook
Geez. It seems a skunk fart causes power outages these days, and the answer is to convert to a wholy unproven green power source. And God forbid you use gas to cook a meal, or heat your home when the power goes out. I grew up with a well on our property, and a big ass propane tank in our yard. We laughed at ice storms! Having ranted about that, I hope you get your power back on Ms. Sherry!

I have two kerosene lamps going in the living room right now and I had one of my propane lanterns in the kitchen so I could wash the dishes earlier.

Every 9-5 er came home, plugged in their car, sparked up the espresso machine, turned the electric heat up, turned on the tv.......

Or maybe a ballon was shot down over your transfer station..
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the electric car concept probably hasn't taken off in Alabama yet lol. Our rural hospital has 3 charging stations but I've never seen a car parked there

And the solar panels don't contribute so much in the dark hours?
Sorry had to get in my jab at the green.
Yeah, it sucks to be without power.

When we lived in a Seattle suburb, the power was off so often I bought a generator and kept 20 gallons of gasoline on hand at all times.
Yes, I probably live in that suburb, we all have natural gas generators to supply power when it goes out. The power always goes out in the winter when we get a snow storm and the wet snow pulls down trees. One time we were without power for a week.

Reactions: SherryT
Well at least you won't have to look at a pile of dirty dishes when the lights come on! Just have to go around and turn all the lights off cuz you tried turning them all on.

Ryan

Reactions: SherryT
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the electric car concept probably hasn't taken off in Alabama yet lol. Our rural hospital has 3 charging stations but I've never seen a car parked there
The Cracker Barrel in Cool Springs has had charging stations for over 10 years. Totally unused, but Grandma's Country B'fast flies out the door!

• Haha
Reactions: SherryT and TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky