Post A Picture of Your COMPLETED Mini-WSM Here ! (Mini Weber Smokey Mountain, MWSM)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My method is without the coal basket... for my difuser/heat sync I use a a piece of 1/4" steel plate cut about 12-13 inch diameter... it sets on a grate that goes down in the bottom of the Imusa pot (this is why I don't use a basket)... and then I put a 12" cast iron skillet (wrapped in foil for easy clean up) on top of the steel plate... once all this steel gets heated up the smoker recovers really quick after opening the lid ... I don't use water ether ...

These are the two I made back in December, one for a friend and the other was for Dad as a Christmas Gift.

This is Dad's very traditional.

This is my friends. I added adjustable latches so he could carry it around with one hand. I was shown this by another member who shared it with me. I was doing a hang test to show him it was done in the picture.

looks great!

b

points1.png

BDSkelly, I actually used your build thread, with a few of my own ideas and adjustments. Works great, did a spatch cock chicken and a 7 3/4 # butt today. May have used 4 lbs of coal, and a bit of pecan. Closed it all up when done and prob have a lb of usable coal left.

BDSkelly, I actually used your build thread, with a few of my own ideas and adjustments. Works great, did a spatch cock chicken and a 7 3/4 # butt today. May have used 4 lbs of coal, and a bit of pecan. Closed it all up when done and prob have a lb of usable coal left.
Happy that the post was helpful. The post is only a guide. You add and adjust what you want to make your mini truly yours! 

Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky