Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wvsmoker

Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
I have just got a new char broil home smoker and have seasoned it. I need some advice on how long to smoke a piece of pork tenderloin that is about 4 pounds. I need to know if it is ok to put a rub and sauce on the tenderloin and if anyone has a recipe. What should the temperature be of the smoker and what is the final temp of the meat. Thanks in advance

wvsmoker Welcome to the forum. You will find many good recipes here. If possible use temperatures to cook meat and use times as only a guide.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2273

The one I like is:

Olive oil to coat meat
2 Tablespoons Salt
2 TablespoonsWhite Sugar
1 TablespoonBrown Sugar
2 TeaspoonsChili Powder
2 TeaspoonsPaprika
1 Teaspoon Cumin
½ TeaspoonCayenne Pepper
½ TeaspoonBlack Pepper (use coarse ground if you have it)
½ TeaspoonGarlic Powder
½ TeaspoonOnion Powder

Rub the tenderloin or other meat with the olive oil to coat all surfaces. Sprinkle the dry rub on all surfaces, make sure to coat evenly and in all cuts and folds.

Wrap the meat tightly in plastic wrap and let the meat season a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator. Best if you are able to season overnight.

Flavor tip… Use Yellow Mustard to coat the meat before seasoning (Frenchâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Mustard). The mustard will brown during smoking and lose the mustard flavor.

Remove the tenderloin at an internal temperature of about 160°. Wrap in foil and return to smoker to internal temp of 195° to 200° Remove from smoker, store in blanket wrapped cooler for a couple of hours to let meat relax the juices into the meat.

wvsmoker, Is this a tenderloin or a pork loin? There is a big difference!
The tenderloin is like filet mignon while a pork loin is like an eye round roast (much tougher character). Makes alot of difference how you prepare the two.
wink.gif

It is a pork tenderloin thanks for all the help i am getting ready to start the smoking

I go the other way on pork tenderloin, it is such a tender cut I like to either grill it or fast smoke it to 145° max! Remember there is not much fat in a tenderloin, itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a muscle that doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get a lot of workout! Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s my 2 sheckels worth :roll:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky