• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Tenderloin tips?

mrad

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 27, 2012
What IT should I cook these too? Should I slow cook or hat and fast? They have been brining for 4 hours. average size is 2'X2" chunks

schlotz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 13, 2015
2 feet by 2 inches or do you mean 2" x 2"? If already chunked into cubes that is going to be a bit more difficult to get a proper temp reading. In general when cooking a whole tenderloin you take it to just above 140º and pull to rest. It will continue to cook for a bit getting you to the 145º recommendation for IT. Hot or fast, 145º IT.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I would use higher grilling temps on chunks of tenderloin or loin, and agree with 140° internal.

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 16, 2016
Pork tenderloin tips--- yeah, hot and fast! 140 min, but pull off just short of that to allow for carry-over.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.