Pork tenderloin cooked without using the oven?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Natosha Jacobs

Original poster
Jan 23, 2021
New York, NY
I have a taste for one but temperatures will be high for a while, and I don't want to turn on the oven. This one is preseason with garlic and herbs. Can it be made in a slow cooker? The slow cooker I put outside on the deck in the summer time. Thanks!

Slow cooker? Sure! Grill? Sure! Check out the pork section and you will find thousands of ideas! I personally have grilled, slow cooked, smoked and oven roasted pork tenderloin.

Reactions: Natosha Jacobs
I have a taste for one but temperatures will be high for a while, and I don't want to turn on the oven. This one is preseason with garlic and herbs. Can it be made in a slow cooker? The slow cooker I put outside on the deck in the summer time. Thanks!
Well your from New York so based on your post I’ll have to guess your not home lol

The quick answer is Yes, you can do it if there are No Other Options! But, IMO, the Best Answer is Don't!
The Pork Tenderloin, we are talking the small strip of meat about a pound or so in size, that usually comes 2 to a pack, is low in Fat and Connective Tissue. This makes it extremely tender and like a tender Beef Steak, is best Seared and/or Dry Heat Cooked, ie, stove top pan, oven, broiler, chargrill, to no more than an internal 135-140°F. Just like you would not ever consider putting a hunk of Beef Ribeye, NY Strip or Filet Mignon, in a Slow Cooker, Pork Tenderloin will be better cooked by ANY other means....JJ

I do them in the toaster oven often ,about 45 minutes or so depending on the size, works very well and the little oven keeps the kitchen cooler , 425-450

You could do a slow cooker, but it will likely dry it out. Your best taste will be hot and fast and out... if you have a cast iron or SS pan, you could do this very quickly. Do not attempt to sear hot with a non-stick. It starts to smoke and smell bad.

Do you potentially have an electric griddle?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky