• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Sirloin into Pulled Pork sammies!

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
So i was at the grocery store last week and i found a couple of pork sirloins marked down really cheap and i thought for 1.31/# they can become pulled pork. So i smoked one till 198 degrees IT and then shredded it for sandwiches. QView to follow...

You can see i got it real cheap

I was concerned about the fat content or lack there of so I injected the meat with ac vinegar, apple juice , and a little salt

on the smoker with a thermometer probe in it

When its done...off the smoker...

shredded and tastey

thanks for looking and commenting

Happy smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Man it sure looks good Aaron!

Was it tender & juicy?

Al

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
That really looks good, Aaron. Thumbs Up. I never thought of pulling a sirloin. Was it hard pull?

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013

Man it sure looks good Aaron!

Was it tender & juicy?

Al
Yes it was very tender and juicy. i think the moisture content was helped by the injection though. i have done this a coupe times with this cut when a whole boston butt is too much for what you need but you still want PP.there are just three of us herer and i end up freesing 2/3 of the boton buitt when i make PP from it so just us a small pork sirloin does the trick.

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
That really looks good, Aaron.
. I never thought of pulling a sirloin. Was it hard pull?
actually they put like this net around it so i smoked it with the net on. when i cut the net at 198 degrees IT to let it rest,  the sirloin fell in half. so i got out my shredding claws and pulled it immediately. when i reheated it i spray some of the left over injection in a spray bottle and heated in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes and it was great!

thanks Joe and

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.