Pork Shots

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Carvendive

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 15, 2018
NE Wisconsin
Just finished a b-day party for my wife and one of the items I smoked were the pork shots. Boy were they a HIT!

People were inhaling them. I got more inquiries and positive comments on them than I've ever gotten on anything.

I changed it up a bit with 15 yr aged cheddar in some and herb garlic curds in others and topped them all off with sweated white and red onions on top of the piped cream cheese / rub. Then I served them with a Vidalia onion dipping sauce. Next time I think I'll use some Nuskies smoked bacon (local). I did 48 for 22 people (including kids) and the adults ate them all before the kids even got to them.

Jeff, thanks!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc2003 and jcam222
IMG_20190913_130028069.jpg
Sorry. I forgot the photo. They are an appatizer. Pork shots are 1/2" skinless sausage rapped with thickcut bacon to form a cup. Then put a chunk of cheddar in and top with cream cheese that's been blended with rub spices. Finally, garnish with sweated or carmelized onions

Reactions: drdon
Those look GREAT! Even though I know they are a lot of work, I also know you can never make enough of them. Good job.
Don

Reactions: Carvendive
Next time I'm going to do some as savory sweet. I'll be replacing the cheddar with stuffed dates and topping with either brown sugar or maple syrup.

Next time I'm going to do some as savory sweet. I'll be replacing the cheddar with stuffed dates and topping with either brown sugar or maple syrup.

Brown Sugar will work but maple syrup thins when heated an will just run off. Look online for Maple Sugar if that flavor is your goal.
Dates stuffed with what? In school we did Dates stuffed with Spanish Chorizo and Blue Cheese, wrapped in Bacon. They were great...JJ

Now that I've had time to think, I'm thinking of trying them several ways. Do the cup and then fill some with spiced cream cheese stuffed dates, some with cream cheese blended with maple extract and powdered sugar some with cranberry cream cheese and some with apple pie filling. I'm not using kilbasa but rather a mild skinless sausage that's not overpowering so it could go with almost anything.

I use cream cheese and brown sugar in mine . Be aware that the cream cheese will expand as it heats up . So don't fill to close to the top .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky