1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Shots

Discussion in 'Pork' started by klutzyspuds, May 14, 2019.

1. klutzyspuds

klutzyspuds Meat Mopper

I have seen these mentioned several times throughout the forums. Quite regularly, they are mentioned as an appetizer for big events. I thought they looked good, so I thought I’d try em. Here’s a couple pics of my try. A few were pepper jack, a few cheddar, and a few with cream cheese.

The early stages, just into the smoker.
    8D5A0111-35CC-482D-8235-952A65A9A92F.jpeg

Part way through.
    1F98B042-BF3B-4D2B-9212-8B954ECCC064.jpeg

The final products.
    02391F86-4BD8-475E-96EB-9328D6473F48.jpeg

They turned out pretty darn good. A few minor adjustments for future attempts, but a definite must for a gathering.

gmc2003 and ritchierich like this.
  2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks Great. Good Job.

3. pc farmer

pc farmer Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I bet they were good. Great job

4. flatbroke

flatbroke Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Very nice. IM hungry

5. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

They are on the to-do-list...

6. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

For sure mighty tasty looking.

Warren

7. Nole4L

Nole4L Smoke Blower

Looks like you're putting in the time so when football season rolls around you game is on point!

8. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Those came out nice . I love the smoked cream cheese .

9. smokin peachey

smokin peachey Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Look tasty!

How about some more details on how these were made and what they are made from.

ritchierich and motolife313 like this.
  10. klutzyspuds

klutzyspuds Meat Mopper

Sure. I took a good kielbasa, cut 3/4 inch medallions, wrapped them with bacon, putting the medallions at the bottom of the bacon wrap and secured with toothpicks. On top of the kielbasa, in the pocket formed by the bacon, I added the different types of cheese each were roughly 1/2 inch cubes. 225-250* for 90 minutes in the smoker. I added a very small amount of wood chips to generate smoke, and they came out good, but had a lot of smoke flavor.

ritchierich and flatbroke like this.
  11. smokin peachey

smokin peachey Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks for sharing the details

12. ritchierich

ritchierich Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

They look awesome! What will be your few minor adjustments???

13. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I really like pork shots and yours look very good. Nicely done

Point for sure
    Chris

14. klutzyspuds

klutzyspuds Meat Mopper

Thanks guys. They did turn out pretty good, but I think next time I’m gonna go with a good thick cut bacon, and I liked the cheese choices, but I may try adding a little jalapeño jelly to the cream cheese and mix that together and form a little ball to add to the tops. The smoke was a bit strong, so I think I might limit the smoke even more. I used a small amount, but may cut back a bit.

Definitely gonna do round two soon

Mark

ritchierich likes this.