Pork Shots

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

klutzyspuds

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Central WI
I have seen these mentioned several times throughout the forums. Quite regularly, they are mentioned as an appetizer for big events. I thought they looked good, so I thought I’d try em. Here’s a couple pics of my try. A few were pepper jack, a few cheddar, and a few with cream cheese.

The early stages, just into the smoker.
8D5A0111-35CC-482D-8235-952A65A9A92F.jpeg

Part way through.
1F98B042-BF3B-4D2B-9212-8B954ECCC064.jpeg

The final products.
02391F86-4BD8-475E-96EB-9328D6473F48.jpeg

They turned out pretty darn good. A few minor adjustments for future attempts, but a definite must for a gathering.

Looks like you're putting in the time so when football season rolls around you game is on point!

Look tasty!

How about some more details on how these were made and what they are made from.
Sure. I took a good kielbasa, cut 3/4 inch medallions, wrapped them with bacon, putting the medallions at the bottom of the bacon wrap and secured with toothpicks. On top of the kielbasa, in the pocket formed by the bacon, I added the different types of cheese each were roughly 1/2 inch cubes. 225-250* for 90 minutes in the smoker. I added a very small amount of wood chips to generate smoke, and they came out good, but had a lot of smoke flavor.

Sure. I took a good kielbasa, cut 3/4 inch medallions, wrapped them with bacon, putting the medallions at the bottom of the bacon wrap and secured with toothpicks. On top of the kielbasa, in the pocket formed by the bacon, I added the different types of cheese each were roughly 1/2 inch cubes. 225-250* for 90 minutes in the smoker. I added a very small amount of wood chips to generate smoke, and they came out good, but had a lot of smoke flavor.

Thanks for sharing the details

I really like pork shots and yours look very good. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks guys. They did turn out pretty good, but I think next time I’m gonna go with a good thick cut bacon, and I liked the cheese choices, but I may try adding a little jalapeño jelly to the cream cheese and mix that together and form a little ball to add to the tops. The smoke was a bit strong, so I think I might limit the smoke even more. I used a small amount, but may cut back a bit.

Definitely gonna do round two soon

Mark

Reactions: ritchierich
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky