Pork shots, stuffed peppers, and shotgun shells

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Daughter had given us some sweet peppers so we decided it was time for some peppers with cream cheese topped with bacon bits and some Jeff's rub

20211021_195229.jpg

Also had never made pork shots so thought it was time. Half just got ring bologna and cheddar cheese and the others had ring bologna, with breakfast sausage mixed with cream cheese and then topped with cheddar.

20211021_173358.jpg

20211021_173837.jpg

20211021_195625.jpg

Just had to try some smoked shotgun shells! Stuffed some with the leftover breakfast sausage and cream cheese mixture and cheddar cheese and the rest with just breakfast sausage and cheddar cheese.

20211021_181407.jpg

Wrapped in bacon, brushed on some Cookies bbq sauce, and sprinkled with Jeff's rub.

20211021_190824.jpg

Smoked at 250 degrees for 2 hours, then another coat of bbq sauce and then finished in oven at 275 for another 30 minutes. Pellets were just about all burned out.

20211021_210143.jpg

Made for a full smoker!

20211021_191334.jpg

Thought I should share a pic of the pies my wife made... 2 butterfinger pie, recipe courtesy of chopsaw chopsaw . These were for my dad, he took them to a get together with mom's nursing classmates and their husband's.

20211021_190019.jpg

We probably should have tasted them for quality control!
My wife recently went to the Dr and was told her cholesterol was a little high and that she could change her eating habits to help with that... I was told this meal wasn't what they meant! :emoji_blush: but it sure was good!

Thanks for looking!
Ryan

Very nice, Ryan!
I'm especially interested in the Shotgun Shells.
Did the pasta soften up with moisture from the filling and sauce?
I'm assuming it wasn't pre-cooked.....
Dan

Very nice, Ryan!
I'm especially interested in the Shotgun Shells.
Did the pasta soften up with moisture from the filling and sauce?
I'm assuming it wasn't pre-cooked.....
Dan
Thanks Dan! You're correct, they weren't precooked. And they did soften up during the cook, did have a couple hard places on ends where they weren't covered. If I remember correctly in the video made by TulsaJeff TulsaJeff he recommended putting in fridge for a couple hours or overnight to give more time to soften but I didn't have a couple hours to wait and definitely not the patience to wait overnight!

Ryan

Reactions: SmokyMose
I came across a recipe for pork shots a few days ago. Thanks for the demo, im definitely doing these now.

Corey
You definitely won't be disappointed! And you can use anything you want... we liked the ones with added breakfast sausage and cream cheese better!

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks great Ryan. I've never done pork shots. Definitely need to change that. Nice work bud
Thanks Jake! They are tasty! Was nice to finally get some time to smoke something!

Ryan

Ryan , that all looks great . I'm way over due for some of the pie . I'll have to try the shotgun shells .
Pork shots with cream cheese are my favorite . Cold out of the fridge the next morning is killer .
Nice work .

Ryan , that all looks great . I'm way over due for some of the pie . I'll have to try the shotgun shells .
Pork shots with cream cheese are my favorite . Cold out of the fridge the next morning is killer .
Nice work .
Thanks Rich! They were tasty for sure! Gave some leftovers to my son so will be interesting to see how he likes them!

Ryan

Great looking bunch of " hor de vores" there Ryan....lol

I could sit down to a meal of that right about now

David.
PS ; should have done the Quality Control on the pies, they sound good
Thanks David! Good news is we got back half of one pie, bad news is I only got one piece and my wife gave the rest to our son! Good thing I love him! Lol

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky