Pork Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stephypie

Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
My husband and I are new to smoking. We have a pork roast ( which I know is not typical for smoking) but what temp and how long would you recommend ? We have a charcoal smoker box that hooks to our grill.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Kat, this article presents out of date information for the safe internal temperature of pork, USDA now recommends that 145° is the safe internal temp. Perhaps the article can be updated?
My husband and I are new to smoking. We have a pork roast ( which I know is not typical for smoking) but what temp and how long would you recommend ? We have a charcoal smoker box that hooks to our grill.

Thank you!
Actually quite a few pork roasts get cooked by members here. I have done bone in roasts, pork loin and pork tenderloin.

I cook them at 300°-325° to an internal temp of 145°(140° with carryover will get you there).

You can use any of a number of tried and true seasoning combos for pork roasts, but the one I use almost exclusively is "Pig's Worst Nightmare" apple rub, it's posted here, the 3rd one down-

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/rib-rub-recipes

Pork Roast is a pretty broad category. Do you have a Loin section, pork chops all in one piece with or without the bones, Butt portion, top of shoulder, Picnic Shoulder, lower front leg, or a Fresh Ham, rear leg before cure and smoke? All different times and final internal Temps...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky