Pork loins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gautreau

Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Gonzales, LA
My wife bought 5 pork loins (about 5 pounds each) for a baby shower and asked me to smoke them to make pulled pork (I would have gotten butts). Can anyone help me out and tell me about what time i should start smoking them of they have to be smoked, pulled, and rested ready to go for 5 PM?

Here is some reading. Loin is not a first choice but guys have had some good result. The concept of a Brine or Injection is a good way to add moisture...JJ

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/newsearch?search=loin+pulled+pork

Apple Pork Brine

2-12oz.Cans Apple Juice Concentrate

1C Apple Cider Vinegar

1/4C Molasses

1/4C Mustard

1/2C Kosher Salt

2T Pickling Spice (optional)

1T Sage, rubbed

1Gal Water

Combine all and Brine the meat at least over night, 24-48 hours would be better.

If I had to pull them I'd smoke then finish in the oven or crockpot with some type of liquid. Why not freeze them and use them for other things they are better suited for and go get some butts?
Good luck dealing with them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky