• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork loin

jclark6751

Joined Dec 25, 2014
Getting ready to smoke my first pork loin on my Lousiana pellet grill with a couple slabs of ribs.A couple of questions what temp would work the best to make sure the meat is done at the same time? How long to smoke the tenderloin it's a 8lb tenderloin

bonedrake

Joined Nov 1, 2016
Getting ready to smoke my first pork loin on my Lousiana pellet grill with a couple slabs of ribs.A couple of questions what temp would work the best to make sure the meat is done at the same time? How long to smoke the tenderloin it's a 8lb tenderloin
I would put the ribs on first and use the 3-2-1 method. (3hr smoke-2hr foil wrapped-1 hr unwrapped) maybe put the loin on with smoke at the same time you wrap the ribs and then check the temp when you unwrapped them. If it's all ready to temp just wrap the loin in foil with a couple of towels around it until your ready to serve.(it will stay plenty warm this way!) Just don't over cook the loin. It's ok for the pork loin to come out at 140-145 and wrap in foil for a rest before slicing. These times are assuming your pit timp are around 225°

jclark6751

Joined Dec 25, 2014
I did the ribs the same as I always do 3-2-1 meathod. I put the pork loin on when I foiled the ribs at it took about 5 hrs to get it cooked to 145 all the way thru. I didn't cut this loin left it whole.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
How did everything turn out?

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.