• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Loin w Qview

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
I recently bought a whole Pork Loin for 1.99 a lb I asked the wife how she wanted me to fix it and she wanted it marinaded in Teriyaki Sauce and then smoked. I cut it in half to make it fit into my marinading pans and to fit in the smoker easier. I let it marinade for two full days then smoked at 225-245 using apple wood until they hit 155 then I foiled them and let them rest. One half disappeared before I could get pics but here's the other half. It was pretty good and will be done again

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Man that looks mouth watering Jerry, and great color from the smoke.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
No wonder half went down the gullet before you could get the camera out!  That's a perfect looking loin.

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Sometimes simplicity can be devasting... your Q view just blew me away. Thanks for sharing the pics, although a slice would have been my first choice. Thanks Jerry. 

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Looks very juicy. Have you ever tried filleting it open and stuffing it? If not I would highly suggest it.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks great Jerry. 

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I have to stay away from this site. I see the Q-view & wanna smoke something. I'll be smoking 7 days a week if this keeps up. Very nice looking loin, w/ mouth watering Q-view. Congrats!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now you have done another great looking hunk of meat there Jerry. Super juicey too.

papagreer

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 7, 2010
Nice looking pork loin! Next run to Sam's I'll be getting a loin and some ribs for sure! 

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great Jerry!

It probably will spoil pretty fast in that Florida heat.

Better get it up here to PA as fast as you can!!!

Bear 

tommerr

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 21, 2010
A newbe here would like a better understanding of "filleting and stuffing". I think I get the filleting but the stuffing could be very interesting.

Thank you

Tom

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
That's a great looking loin, Jerry.  I really like the teriyaki glaze.

so ms smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 20, 2010
That is a GREAT looking pork loin. I will have to put that at the top of my things to try!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.