Pork loin tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a fantastic looking meal. Way to shoot from the hip and put together something really special.
Thank you . Sometimes the best things come without planning .
Tasty looking Vittles, Rich!!
Kool Press too!
Thanks John . That's a meal that always hits the spot .
Appreciate the comments .

Hey Rich, I think some pork loin tacos are going to happen over here this week. I trimmed up a whole pork loin yesterday for some pork jerky and some chops. I ended up making some boneless CSRs from the rib end. I had a change of plans and never made them yesterday

So...I'm going to throw the boneless CSRs in the IP and turn it into tacos a la Chopsaw. I have a Al Pastor seasoning packet from Old El Paso that's been sitting in my pantry forever, just figuring out what to do with it. So I decided that the loin will get that packet and into the IP. I'm thinking of making a pineapple salsa with it to keep with the theme...these will be simple, dirt poor pastor tacos. Thanks again for the idea.

Reactions: chopsaw
Joe , the recipe i used as an idea ( I almost never follow exact ) was 35 minutes on high pressure set to meat / stew .
Natural release . Could maybe cut that time down a bit , or quick release . They were good as they were though .
I didn't sear because I was worried the seasoning would burn .
I didn't add any liquid to the pot because mine had a nice fat cap on it . The liquid you see in the above pics was all rendered . I did mix it with the meat .

Do you hold your torts in a warmer or some sort ? Makes a huge difference .

Joe , the recipe i used as an idea ( I almost never follow exact ) was 35 minutes on high pressure set to meat / stew .
Natural release . Could maybe cut that time down a bit , or quick release . They were good as they were though .
I didn't sear because I was worried the seasoning would burn .
I didn't add any liquid to the pot because mine had a nice fat cap on it . The liquid you see in the above pics was all rendered . I did mix it with the meat .

Do you hold your torts in a warmer or some sort ? Makes a huge difference .

I thought about adding a little oil, vinegar or water to the packet to make a marinade. I'm not sure if I'm going to sear yet. If I do, I'll add a splash of liquid before sealing so I don't get the burn notice on the IP.

I hold my tortillas in a ceramic dish with a lid. I keep them in there for about 15 minutes so they steam and soften a bit, it definitely makes a huge difference. I make the tortillas first and let them rest while I get the rest of the ingredients together.

If I have time, I try to let the masa ball rest a bit before pressing them. I find that it makes them a little easier to press. I usually add a small amount of bacon grease to the mix and a pinch of salt when mixing everything together. The water amounts listed on the bag is never enough for me, I always end up adding a little bit more.

I have been very busy, but am glad I didn't miss this post, very nice Rich! Just awesome!

Just wanted to say I made these tacos in the IP with the pork loin and they came out very good. A tad dry but that’s probably my fault letting it go to a 20 minute natural release while I finished up the torts. Nothing some sauce or salsa couldn’t fix.
I ended up making a chorizo seasoning instead of the El paso packet. I’ll definitely do them again!
97FCD778-D82A-4E94-B69A-C816737F0048.jpeg

Looks great Joe . I'm ready for round 2 now .
The loin I did had a nice fat cap on it , maybe that helped .
I also seasoned and held over night in the fridge .
I used a sausage seasoning , but any shaker type Mexican works too . Just do it to taste . Franks chili lime is great on chicken .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky