Pork Loin BackRibs Boneless

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Dec 29, 2009
Savage, MN
Hit SAMS Club early this morning, and picked up a package of pork that says "Pork Loin Backribs Boneless"

5b4c1320_DSCF3279.jpg

Are these really boneless ribs or what?

They were $2.38/lb. so I figured i couldn't go wrong.

Gonna smoke them up using the 3-2-1 method tomorrow

Todd

Last edited:
Right or wrong, they look like the things I've been calling CSRs (Country Style ribs).

Bear

Right or wrong, they look like the things I've been calling CSRs (Country Style ribs).

Bear

SOB called them the same thing in another thread.

Do they smoke up like pork loin or rib meat?

TJ

SOB called them the same thing in another thread.

Do they smoke up like pork loin or rib meat?

TJ
More like Ribs.

I did them 3-2, and skipped the last "1".

Gotta watch you don't dry them out, especially if they are "pre-sliced" partially thru into rib size pieces

If they're small & sliced---Could go 2-2-.5

Adiochiro (James) makes good looking ones---So does "Flash". (Among others)

Bear

Here's a post made by SOB on RonP's thread

The boneless backribs sometimes can be called boneless countrystyle ribs. It is from the pork loin...usually from a boneless pork loin butterflied lengthways then cut crossways into 1" to 1-1/4" wide ribs. There Is no set list of names for specific cuts set up by the usda so some shops take the liberty to make up all kinds of interesting names for cuts,such as colorado roasts kansas city steaks Petite cut steaks.
Its a shame really.
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky