• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Leg Half Butt

SmokinRobert

Joined May 23, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question, I have a pork roast in my freezer that I am thinking of taking out and smoking this weekend. Normally for pulled pork I used Pork Shoulder or if possible a full boston butt, however the label on the package of the pork I have in the freezer says Pork Leg Half Butt. Is that the same as a Boston Butt?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Robert

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
post some pics of the meat, please so we can get a look at it. thanks!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 30, 2018
Perhaps that is the ham looking side of picnic shoulder? Whatever it is, if it's pork it will be awesome smoked. You can take that to the bank.

George

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
That is the shank half of a fresh pork leg (when cured and smoked, it would be the shank half of the ham - hind leg, not shoulder butt or shoulder arm picnic). It will be lean, but would make good roast pork.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.