Pork Country Ribs 25 pounds for New Years

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokincasper

Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
All ready to go in the morning 25 pounds of pork country ribs, MBE 40 smoker going to use apple chips with a last hour of cherry wood chips. Used mustard base with smoky paprika, pink Himalayan salt, Bourbon infused brown sugar mixed into a bowl of Stubb's  pork spice rub Overnight in fridge...

I am doing 225 degrees for 4 - 5 hours for an internal temp of 175 - 180.

Will finish half of ribs with Sweet Baby Rays sauce and half plain old wood smoke (my favorite) in foil with a mop base of Apple cider/Apple juice/Butter.

Here is what they look like now

Thanks Al, I hope so, Smoker warming up now I will post photos of finished product

Did 8lbs of these last weekend.  PHENOMENAL.  I did them on the 3-2-1 method and the meat was juicy and fell of the bones.  Needless to say they didn't last too long :)

Great CarolinaDoug, the last ones I did were not "fall of the bone" as I went to 165 then pulled them they were like 1 tug bite I must try the 3-2-1 method Got any Pics

Great Start !!
icon14.gif

I think you might want to rotate the racks after awhile.

Since you're using all the racks, your bottom racks will get done earlier.

Then Check them with an instant-read Therm as you remove them, making sure each one is at least 145° IT.

I've had them already at one point that one was 178°IT, and others were below 130° IT.

Just FYI,

Bear

Great thought Bear the bottom rack is so close to the heat source I will do that

Everyone really liked them only 6 pieces left over at 3AM

Happy New Year

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky