• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Country Ribs 25 pounds for New Years

smokincasper

Joined Dec 2, 2016
All ready to go in the morning 25 pounds of pork country ribs, MBE 40 smoker going to use apple chips with a last hour of cherry wood chips. Used mustard base with smoky paprika, pink Himalayan salt, Bourbon infused brown sugar mixed into a bowl of Stubb's  pork spice rub Overnight in fridge...

I am doing 225 degrees for 4 - 5 hours for an internal temp of 175 - 180.

Will finish half of ribs with Sweet Baby Rays sauce and half plain old wood smoke (my favorite) in foil with a mop base of Apple cider/Apple juice/Butter.

Here is what they look like now

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I think your going to make a lot of folks happy on New Years!

Al

carolinadoug

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 18, 2016
Did 8lbs of these last weekend.  PHENOMENAL.  I did them on the 3-2-1 method and the meat was juicy and fell of the bones.  Needless to say they didn't last too long :)

smokincasper

Joined Dec 2, 2016
Great CarolinaDoug, the last ones I did were not "fall of the bone" as I went to 165 then pulled them they were like 1 tug bite I must try the 3-2-1 method Got any Pics

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Great Start !!

I think you might want to rotate the racks after awhile.

Since you're using all the racks, your bottom racks will get done earlier.

Then Check them with an instant-read Therm as you remove them, making sure each one is at least 145° IT.

I've had them already at one point that one was 178°IT, and others were below 130° IT.

Just FYI,

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

Great thought Bear the bottom rack is so close to the heat source I will do that
I never use the bottom Rack because of that, but you don't have much choice with all those pieces of CSRs. 

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
How were they Casper??

They're looking good already at 4.5 hours!

Bear

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
Man, Casper..... Those look awesome. CSRs are one of my very favorites. You really bombed those. Thumbs Up

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
I'm with Joe!  CSR's are one of my favorites and you nailed them!  

Mike

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.