Pork Chops and Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
I hope everyone is doing well! It has been a while since I posted anything, so I thought I would share what I made for dinner today.

Started out with some good thick chops.
I used my all purpose rub on two of them and a commercial spice called "Ruth Ann's Muskego Ave Chicken and Fish Seasoning" from Penzey's Spices, this is my Wife's favorite, so I went with it on the other two chops.
IMG_0654.jpg

Then on to the two very large bone-in chicken breasts. With these I rubbed them with my Millertime's #7 Chicken and Rib rub.
IMG_0645.jpg

I let both the Chicken and the Chops rest for 3 hours in the fridge and 20 minutes on the counter before hooking them up in the PBC. I used Kingsford, some cherry chunks, and one chunk of apple.
IMG_0646.jpg

After an hour they were looking good, the Chops were at 131 and the chicken was at 125.

IMG_0648.jpg

Pulled the Chops at 142 IT.
IMG_0649.jpg

Let them rest for 15 minutes
IMG_0650.jpg

Served them up with some fresh green beans, grilled mushrooms, and roasted carrots

IMG_0651.jpg

The chops were super moist with a little, but very flavorful smoke ring.
IMG_0652.jpg

I pulled the chicken at 164 IT. It is resting and will be used for lunches this week. But it looks really good! I am confident that it will taste great on a salad.

IMG_0655.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and thanks for looking.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

That's a wonderful plate of food.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky