Pork casserole.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning everyone!
Last night I made a pork casserole. I forgot about this recipe until Ann said she wanted a casserole of some sort.
So, start out with 2 pounds of pork tenderloins. Cubed. And put in a hot CI Dutch oven with 2 tbs oil,
1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, and celery salt.
IMG_20231021_134215157_HDR.jpg

While that is browning. Dice up one large white onion.
Drain 4 small cans whole mushrooms.
Dice one pound bacon. Cook that in a separate pan until crispy. Drain on paper towels. And set aside.

IMG_20231021_135052713.jpg

Mix it all up. And continue cooking for 10 minutes.

IMG_20231021_140004418.jpg

Mix in 4 cups chicken stock. And one cup balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil. Then put in a preheated 325 degree oven.

IMG_20231021_160704303.jpg

Leave in oven for 3 hours. After 2 hours check to make sure there is still enough liquid in the pan. Add more if needed. The goal is to keep the meat mostly submerged.
After 3 hours. Remove from oven. And if needed. Add a starch slurry to thicken.
Taste. And adjust for spices. Add Maggi seasoning. To darken and add depth. Then add the cooked bacon.
IMG_20231021_175506282 (1).jpg

You can serve it over mashed taters or noodles. My favorite is over fries.

That would be good! And be starving by the time it's ready to eat... bet the house smelled wonderful!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
That looks really good !
Thanks!

Nice . Be good on a crusty roll too .
Thanks! And I'm going to try that with the leftovers.

Wow Steve, that looks great, and I'm in for on the big steak fries also.

David
Thanks David!

Great..Now my mouth is watering. Looks delish!
Thank you!

That would be good! And be starving by the time it's ready to eat... bet the house smelled wonderful!

Ryan
Thanks! It sure did!

Looks tasty Steve! The combo of broth and vinegar is something I'd love for sure.
Thanks Jeff! Normally I'd use hard cider. But forgot to get some.

Yum . . .
Lol! Thanks!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks really tasty Steve. I'd like that over rice, and the schrooms are big enough for me to pick out and give to the wifey.

Point for sure
Chris

Rice, noodles, mashed taters, fries, all sounds good. Heck just gimme a fork and I’ll eat it out of the DO. Looks mighty good.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky