• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork butt pull temp

jajlanderson

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Got a butt just entering the stall and will wrap and get to 205. What temp does it need to cool to before I pull it to serve?

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
After an hours rest wrapped in foil you can pull it. You can use 2 meat forks or like i do heavy rubber gloves to pull it while it's still hot.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 23, 2010
After it gets to the desired pull temp (around 200) I just let it sit for about an hour under tented foil then I pull using a double layer of nitrile gloves.

If it's too hot to handle let it cool a little longer.

Good luck and be sure to show pictures!

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
I pull as hot as my fingers can stand.

Too cool and you will never get it pulled and end up chopping it.

Good luck and good smoking.

jamyj

Joined Mar 14, 2014
a good set of meat claws really helps!  I believe the ones I have are called  bear claws....

rtbbq2

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 2, 2012
Got a butt just entering the stall and will wrap and get to 205. What temp does it need to cool to before I pull it to serve?
I let mine rest wrapped in a blanked in a cooler for an hour. Then pull it and enjoy. Where are the QVIEWS?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.