Poor man's caviar (but it's not caviar, and it's not what you think it is) - a family favorite

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Made this today I loved it but was a bit salty for me will cut back the olives next time, but it wasn’t a problem my wife consumed 3/4 of what was made

Poor man's caviar is actually better than real caviar. I like it much more because my mom knows how to make it the most delicious thing ever. My dad prefers red caviar instead. That's why I wanna get a caviar gift set for him, but don't know what option to choose. I read at pearlsofcaviar a couple of articles for newbies. So my decision is to try the OLMA Paddlefish gift set for newbies. I hope my dad's gonna like it. If not, he's gonna eat poor man's caviar every day, lol.

Last edited:
Revisited this recipe, yesterday. 2 bricks of Cream Cheese, both pepper stuffed and garlic stuffed olives. Spied that mostly full quart jar of Capers that I bought for a recipe a while back and have been wondering what I was going to do with them ever since, :emoji_wink: and chopped some of them up and threw them in as well.

The Capers play real nice with the olives in this recipe. Thought that I should report in case any of you all have been wondering what else you can use capers in. :emoji_laughing:

First class dip.

EDIT;

I'm getting old; I forgot to add a couple pictures.

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bauchjw
Revisited this recipe, yesterday. 2 bricks of Cream Cheese, both pepper stuffed and garlic stuffed olives. Spied that mostly full quart jar of Capers that I bought for a recipe a while back and have been wondering what I was going to do with them ever since, :emoji_wink: and chopped some of them up and threw them in as well.

The Capers play real nice with the olives in this recipe. Thought that I should report in case any of you all have been wondering what else you can use capers in. :emoji_laughing:

First class dip.
Thats an interesting addition. Turns out I need an appetizer for this afternoon and have a large bottle of capers, hmmm.

Reactions: one eyed jack
Looks delicious. I just cannot do the green olives, never have been able to, however I love black olives and this would work great along with cappers. Will try this for sure.

Reactions: one eyed jack
Thats an interesting addition. Turns out I need an appetizer for this afternoon and have a large bottle of capers, hmmm.
I didn't use a lot of Capers, maybe 1/8 - 1/4 cup along with the olives, in 2 bricks Cream Cheese.

Looks delicious. I just cannot do the green olives, never have been able to, however I love black olives and this would work great along with cappers. Will try this for sure.
I think you'r onto something there Edge. The black olives should be great. Let me know how it turns out.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky