Pondering a problem--really need some help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like Bear's approach.
Honestly you should be able to use any approach that sliced jerky uses but instead use no marinade.
People dry season cure jerky meat slices all the time and then throw them in the smoker and smoke them.

I would think you may want to do the same but just cold smoke (no heat) the pork strips so you don't turn them into jerky and you get bacon instead.

I've never done bacon this way but to me the logic is sound knowing that jerky guys do basically the same curing process :)

I hope this info helps!

Late to the party, so....

Sucks the butcher sliced the slab prior to curing and smoking.
I like the tying idea. won't matter a hill of beans during curing, but will while smoking. I would also use skewers on both ends along with tying, this way you could actually hang the slab for smoking.

You two just can't let it go...

Members are not the only ones that view this forum. There are hundreds of people that view this forum (and others) daily as guests. Someone else may have this same issue and may search the web or this forum to find a solution, and run upon this thread. Thus the reason I posted...for the archive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky