Points?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Happy Sunday Great Smoking Cookies!

OK, now humor those of us with mad-cow, or "mad-mackerel" kicking in; but I am JUST NOW noticing the "POINTS" component!!???

Kindly humor we non-mathematical Chickies therefore, and explain the points system please?

Can I just give them to people - left & right - as I surely would have done that a ton already had I known/understood the feature. (I'm so impressed, daily, and with everyone)!

Or can only certain people give them? Do I need to have a cape or something, or can anyone give points? And how does one give them? I assume there is a "give points" feature or button that I have simply not stared at?

Oh dear...

Well then, I'll await instructions.

Meanwhile, I thank some gracious souls who have given me "points" (I would have thanked you properly at that time, though didn't know of it) and if any one can sweetly POINT out to me, how I may deliver points to one, I'd be quite grateful.

OK, back to my mad-mollusk making...Many thanks!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Just click on the "thumbs up" icon in the lower right corner of a post to give the poster a point if you think the post is informative and helpful or simply interesting. FYI everyone starts with 10 points, I don't know why, maybe 10 is the new zero and I wasn't told
icon_lol.gif

Hey fellow neighbor!!! Happy snowy Sunday to you!

Thanks for explaining the points system. I had no idea. (Not about the 10, not about anything about it). Thank you indeed.

While I cannot go back in time, and thus "thumbs up" each and every post that I most certainly would have cheered on before, I can indeed start today, and so I'll do that, at some point later on.

Many thanks Cliff!!! And Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers! - Leah

Took me a while to figure it out too. If you wanna see where points came from you can just click on the number next to your name. I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many times a day you can give points or not. No cape required though it is optional.

Thank you Andrew! Now that I know how it works, I'll get with it! YOU certainly would have received points from me had I a clue about the trusty system!

But here's to moving forward!!! 

A cape sounds good in some ways, although cumbersome in others right? Hope you and yours are staying warm! I know this recent snow has rocked the east!

Cheers! - Leah

Hi Rdwhahb!

Yes, I am only now learning about those points!

I'm not sure what one "does" with them, but am starting to alas give them out, now that I understand or even know about them. Happy new week to you!!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Reactions: shinny
Points is good
icon_exclaim.gif
 If you find a poster's presentation or interesting or
super.gif
 ; jump on the
icon14.gif
 and reward them
cool.gif
. You will ,as you mentioned , start getting points. The first 10 are for just joining, your starting point (pun)
icon_mrgreen.gif

Any kind of idea will do , a 'Great Drink' , recipe , style of cooking , etc. there are forums for most everything , look at the options and jump in
popcorn.gif
Grab some popcorn and enjoy
welcome1.gif

Have fun and . . .

Points don't do or get you anything. They are just a way that members can recognize each others helpfulness or outstanding posts...JJ

Reactions: rob sicc
ok.. I understand all that... but when I go look at how I got my points.. it says "unique points".. any idea what they are amd where they come from ??? There is no explanation for them...

I point out that points can be pointed to as a pointer of success which is the point of this post on points.

They are just a fun way to acknowledge great posts. For example, it is no surprise that Leah has 92!

Disco

Reactions: aeroforce100
You all are a riot and so very helpful!

I will point out therefore, that the mere energy on this site, from all, is even more enjoyable and encouraging than the points! Such a fun place to share and be!

Happy Friday to all! It's a sassy smoked shark day over here!!!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!! - Leah

Just click on the "thumbs up" icon in the lower right corner of a post to give the poster a point if you think the post is informative and helpful or simply interesting. FYI everyone starts with 10 points, I don't know why, maybe 10 is the new zero and I wasn't told
icon_lol.gif
WOW......thanks for that info. 

Josie aka SmokinVegaBaby

Happy Sunday Great Smoking Cookies!

OK, now humor those of us with mad-cow, or "mad-mackerel" kicking in; but I am JUST NOW noticing the "POINTS" component!!???

Kindly humor we non-mathematical Chickies therefore, and explain the points system please?

Can I just give them to people - left & right - as I surely would have done that a ton already had I known/understood the feature. (I'm so impressed, daily, and with everyone)!

Or can only certain people give them? Do I need to have a cape or something, or can anyone give points? And how does one give them? I assume there is a "give points" feature or button that I have simply not stared at?

Oh dear...

Well then, I'll await instructions.

Meanwhile, I thank some gracious souls who have given me "points" (I would have thanked you properly at that time, though didn't know of it) and if any one can sweetly POINT out to me, how I may deliver points to one, I'd be quite grateful.

OK, back to my mad-mollusk making...Many thanks!!!

Cheers! - Leah
ha-ha Leah - thanks for asking that question.  Now I know how the "points" thing works!

Happy Saturday!

Josie aka SmokinVegasBaby!

Hi all, and thank you tons! So glad my inquiry helped and in any way!

Yes the whole points thing had me entirely clouded or confused or taken by storm!

For months, I didn't give them, or know they existed, or even know that I had any, (thank you tons for anyone who has given me some, as I am JUST LEARNING how to read/check that), or have any clue about anything! Too funny!

In six days, I will have been here one year. And what a year it has been!!!! How grateful am I. I learn every day here, and from all!

Happy Saturday to all! I send hugs, points, and CHEERS and in droves to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Leah

Reactions: sentim and kjolly

Points don't do or get you anything. They are just a way that members can recognize each others helpfulness or outstanding posts...JJ
Really JJ?  I am sure I read somewhere in the Forum rules that for every 10 points we could eat free at your place...

Last edited:

Really JJ?  I am sure I read somewhere in the Forum rules that for every 10 points we could eat free at your place...
icon_eek.gif
 Ok Wade, but I expect a Cooler full of REAL Bangers when you get here...
biggrin.gif
...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky