Playa Trip Report

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Having a time trying to write this as my hands are back to really hurting bad and still a month out from doctor but giving it a go. We had a really good time. Nice thing about Play Del Carmen is everything is walk-able. Here is our condo, El Faro:

409308170_6988688907855687_5261668433564028860_n.jpg

There is a place across the street Zen Beach Club that had great bands. Cant say much for there over priced food but really enjoyed the bands. One sounded just like U2. For the most part the smaller cheaper places have the best food. Tiny sandwich place next to condo had the best breakfast ever and loved the owner, Tony. I been craving a whole fish and this was so good! Linda got the octopus and was really good. I wish I went back and got it.

20231207_180513.jpg

My brothers favorite from the past was still our favorite La tarraya at the public beach by the ferry. Right on the beach. They had a very thin green salsa with diced onions that was so good! Just bring me a bowl and a spoon. I got to figure out how to make this. The fish and seafood soup was incredible! We just do fish and seafood mostly. The Margarita's where so good. Just tequila and lime juice.

Here a couple pictures of the 3 of us:

20231208_183129.jpg 408235929_6978733732184538_1962642752387317710_n.jpg

And my new hat. I was wanting one that drooped down on sides but the tequila made me buy this one:

20231210_141419.jpg

The circle k next to condo actually had a pretty good tequila for 78 pesos which is less than $5. I had bought this one for 550 pesos and really liked it. Probably cant find around here.

fg.jpg

This was a great vacation and helped me over the hump from losing Gretchen. Time to get some ice on my hands. Until I get my hands fixed I will be keeping my post short after this.

Attachments

• 409333484_6988689257855652_4925801576911297315_n.jpg
    409333484_6988689257855652_4925801576911297315_n.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 18
Looks like a great time, Brian. I would really like that trip and maybe one day we can make it down there...

Good for you Brian, you know you needed that time away from home.
Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Sorry your hands are still bad, and another month away. Take some Aleve or something to help till then.

Nice hat , I find Tequila will do that to you. lol 🤠🤠

David

Shoot I wish the worst thing Tequila had me buy was a hat..... :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_laughing:
Looks like a great trip. Got me to thinking about a all inclusive trip somewhere. God knows I could use a mental reset!

Jim

Beautiful place you stayed at! Glad you took the chance to get away... sounds like you had a great time. Best wishes with your hands.

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice you kids had a good time Brian, you deserve it! Life will be a series of ups and downs, roll with the punches, about all one can do. RAY

Looks like a great time, Brian. I would really like that trip and maybe one day we can make it down there...
Thanks Charles
Good for you Brian, you know you needed that time away from home.
Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Sorry your hands are still bad, and another month away. Take some Aleve or something to help till then.

Nice hat , I find Tequila will do that to you. lol 🤠🤠

David
Thanks David. Having pretty tough time with hands this morning. Giving my Park Ave to friends daughter and trying to get all the forms done this morning. Get better as day goes on. Going to be a long month.
Shoot I wish the worst thing Tequila had me buy was a hat..... :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_laughing:
Looks like a great trip. Got me to thinking about a all inclusive trip somewhere. God knows I could use a mental reset!

Jim
Thanks Jim
Beautiful place you stayed at! Glad you took the chance to get away... sounds like you had a great time. Best wishes with your hands.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan.
Nice you kids had a good time Brian, you deserve it! Life will be a series of ups and downs, roll with the punches, about all one can do. RAY
Thanks Ray

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Glad you settled in and had a good time Brian!! I knew you would. Now just make sure to plan on doing it again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky