Pizza night!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Few days ago I was directed that it is time for homemade pizza. No argument here!
Started out with making 3 batches of dough. Some will be put aside for later use.

P7061040.jpg

Used the bread machine for this.
3 cups bread flour, you can use APF.
1 cup plus 2 Tbs water at 105-110 degrees
2 tsp active yeast
3 tsp powdered garlic
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
2 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs olive oil
Throw it all in the bread machine. And set to dough.
After it is done, remove and put in a greased bowl and cover for a hour.
Then put on floured counter top, punch down. And form into the pans. Then cover and let rise again.

P7061043.jpg

Start loading em up! One was just cheese. The only way one of my kids eats them. The others...well!

P7061042.jpg

P7061044.jpg
P7061048.jpg

One had mozz, provolone cheese, salami, pepperoni, mushrooms.
The other had all that plus, black olives, homemade pickled pepper, homemade sausage.
We were well fed that night!

Those look insane!

Never did replace our bread machine after the last one finally died.Going to have get around to doing that sooner than later.

Nice looking pizzas! Better pass me a couple slices too...before Jake eats it all! :emoji_wink:

Ryan

Some fine looking pies Steve, Like! I just bookmarked this, I'm always looking to try out new dough recipes and someone in the peanut gallery has also been saying it's time for pizza. I was wanting to do a pizza on my Weber but I don't think my pizza stone will fit right. It's going to be 117º this weekend, not a opportune time to fire up the oven. Now I want pizza bad! RAY

Darn you Steve, Judy & I are on a diet & that pizza looked so good, I got out some frozen pepperoni Put it on the slicer set on zero & she made a crust, & with some onions I guess we are having pizza tonight.
Gonna do it in the kettle pizza oven though, and probably have the neighbors over too, of course practicing social distancing. although enough alcohol should kill any virus around.
Great looking pizza Buddy!
Al

Very nice. That last one looks mighty tasty
That was mine. And it was very good
. Thanks!
Those look insane!

Never did replace our bread machine after the last one finally died.Going to have get around to doing that sooner than later.
Thank you! I'm hearing they are not easy to get at the moment. Though, I haven't checked.

Dang Steve. Those pizzas look awesome. Great job!

Dave
Thank you!

Nice looking pizzas! Better pass me a couple slices too...before Jake eats it all! :emoji_wink:

Ryan
Thanks! You're too late. Jake is a animal!

Some fine looking pies Steve, Like! I just bookmarked this, I'm always looking to try out new dough recipes and someone in the peanut gallery has also been saying it's time for pizza. I was wanting to do a pizza on my Weber but I don't think my pizza stone will fit right. It's going to be 117º this weekend, not a opportune time to fire up the oven. Now I want pizza bad! RAY
Thanks Ray! Upper 90's here today. Tomorrow it is only getting to 85. I'll take it.

Beautiful Pies, Steve!!
Love 'em All !!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear!

Yeah I'm a pie guy and those look great.
Thank you!

Looks great Steve.
Thank you Jim!

Darn you Steve, Judy & I are on a diet & that pizza looked so good, I got out some frozen pepperoni Put it on the slicer set on zero & she made a crust, & with some onions I guess we are having pizza tonight.
Gonna do it in the kettle pizza oven though, and probably have the neighbors over too, of course practicing social distancing. although enough alcohol should kill any virus around.
Great looking pizza Buddy!
Al
Thanks Al! Very much appreciated. No harm in "cheating" here and there. On that note, hand sanitizer has alcohol in it. So should a beer or three do the same? I'll be doing some clinical testing shortly!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Great looking pizza Steve! I know there’s some corner lover guys here already. I’ll settle for a middle piece!

Dang Steve those look delicious!

I am actually a deep dish middle sorta guy so I am good to go.

Like!

You already know I am doing a huge 16" one tonight!

John

Thanks! I saw that you were building a monster tonight. I'm waiting to see that bad boy!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky