New England Kettle Style Stromboli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well now that the polls have closed, and I have a few minutes. I'll post up my throw-down entry.

First up the bacon weave:
DSC02000.JPG

Then the sausage: Flattened out and seasoned with Tony C's Creole
DSC02002.JPG

Bacon goes on the kettle:
DSC02004.JPG

After flipping the bacon - onto the kettle goes the sausage:
DSC02009.JPG

Shredded cheese added to the top of the sausage and then the bacon is stacked on top:
DSC02010.JPG

The bacon and sausage are then sliced in half, and topped with the ham, pepperoni, cheese, sauce and placed on the bottom layer of the dough.
DSC02017.JPG

The twin half is stacked on top:
DSC02019.JPG

String cheese is added around the bottom of the filling stack, then topped with the rest of the dough and pinched together with a fork. Then back out to the kettle
to finish cooking.
DSC02025.JPG

All trimmed up and sliced:
DSC02033.JPG

Thanks for taking a look. It was a fun cook.

Chris

Man I was drooling over your stromboli in the voting. Now that I see how you did it, I'm even more impressed.
Jim

Looks great Chris . Man that's a meal in just a small piece . Like the idea of the string cheese around the edge . I'll be using that .

Man I was drooling over your stromboli in the voting. Now that I see how you did it, I'm even more impressed.
Jim

Thanks Jim and for the like, Whenever I do bacon and sausage on the kettle this way I'm always afraid of it breaking in half or coming apart. So far it hasn't happened. Finger crossed.

That's a pretty cool idea there. Looks fantastic.

Thanks JCap and for the like.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great Chris . Man that's a meal in just a small piece . Like the idea of the string cheese around the edge . I'll be using that .

Thank you Rich. That one slice is all I could eat that night. The idea for the string cheese came to me when I was thinking about doing another deep dish kettle pizza. With the stuffed crust phase and all.
Appreciate the like also.

Chris

Chris that is F'in awesome man! How the hell do you keep the bacon weave from falling apart on the grill?

Very very carefully John. I make it on parchment paper and use a rolling pin to tighten it up. Then I put my hand under the paper supporting the weave and gently pull the paper back under the weave and my hand with my other hand(laying it out on the grate). Sort of like putting on one of those Cracker Jack tattoos except in reverse. Pulling the paper under instead of over. Once the bacon starts cooking it sort of becomes one solid piece and can be flipped easily with a larger sized spat. Hope this makes some kind of sense. It's easier to do then to explain.

Thanks for the like also.

Chris

That's certainly a Meat Lover's BOLI! Creative manipulation of the Meat. I usually just pan fry, crumble and put the meat in the dough...JJ

Thanks Civil.

That's certainly a Meat Lover's BOLI! Creative manipulation of the Meat. I usually just pan fry, crumble and put the meat in the dough...JJ

Thank you JJ and for the like. I really didn't want to get skunked in the throw down so I thought I'd try and do something a little different. Especially with my limited cooking, plating and picture taking skills. Appreciate the like also.

Chris

Absolutely stunning Chris!! As much as you know we love Italian themed meals around here, you can bet that one is gonna get done real soon. Thanks for posting this.

Robert

It looked awesome! I think even better since I know how you made it now. Add that to list of things to try. And try not to feed the kettle lol!

Ryan

Incredible Chris! I looked at it and read it all three times, still can't figure out how you keep it all from falling apart. RAY

Absolutely stunning Chris!! As much as you know we love Italian themed meals around here, you can bet that one is gonna get done real soon. Thanks for posting this.

Robert

Thanks Robert and for the like. Although this tasted great as is. I know it would have been over the top with some of your homemade sausage. My bad on that one. If you do try it I hope you like it.

It looked awesome! I think even better since I know how you made it now. Add that to list of things to try. And try not to feed the kettle lol!

Ryan

Appreciate the kind words and like Ryan. Making it is almost as much fun as eating it.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky