Pizza/bagel oven attachment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Spinner

Original poster
May 6, 2018
Waterloo Region
One of the mods I did with my former propane grill was to build an oven attachment. I like the look of a traditional open pizza/bread oven and tried to mimic, within my skill set. I used some sheet aluminum and riveted some piano hinge to make two hinged sections. I flush riveted 29 Canadian pennies to the opening. That gave the attachment some real value, $0.29CAD or $0.23US. This attachment was easily installed and removed and was stored in the storage below the BBQ when not in use.
uc

Installed on the BBQ, the lid overlaps and makes a good seal.
uc

I added a motor and fan to attempt some air movement. It's a cheap shaded pole motor, insulated from the BBQ to avoid a 110V surprise. I added a dollar store stainless steel bowl to the lid to keep the motor covered during use.
uc

With a smoke box smoking, and the heat on high, I turned out homemade bagels, nachos and pizza. I started with a pizza stone on the floor and moved on to quarry tile that covered the entire grill.
uc
uc
uc

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinAl
Nice job on that mod. Looks very professional.

Chris

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm planning on expanding my world with the pellet grill I acquired. I'm waiting for the quarry tiles to arrive. Then pizza time again.

When using my oven attachment, I needed a pizza peel to remove the hot goods. Too cheap to buy, I fabricated one from some aluminum and a stairway spindle. I made the square one for a friend. I think that one works better.

pizza peel.JPG

pizza peel-001.JPG

And finally, one of the pizzas we enjoyed. Lobster chunks and fresh basil.
lobster.JPG

Attachments

• pizza peel.JPG
    pizza peel.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 12
  • pizza peel-001.JPG
    pizza peel-001.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky